Union Level: Department: Business & Finance Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301227P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work is performed during typical business hours, must be available to work additional hours to meet business needs or deadlines. Position End Date: Open Date: 12/18/2017 Close Date: 1/26/2018 Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions: Application due by 01/26/2018
Primary Purpose: Serves as a member of the Facilities leadership team. The Director is responsible for campus Physical Plant at the Stockton Campus- specifically, carrying out planned/programmed maintenance for all Stockton campus facilities, structures, HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, custodial, locks, alarms, equipment, grounds, utility systems and pavements. Directs the remodeling, alteration, and construction projects involving the department's work force. Additionally serves as Project Manager responsible to coordinate and oversee assigned major facility construction projects planned for.
Essential Functions: 1. Provides general management, supervision, and professional direction to a comprehensive facilities management organization that provides construction management; facilities maintenance and repair; renovations; utilities generation and distribution; custodial, landscape and other maintenance services associated with Stockton campus.
2. Manages unit personnel providing oversight in labor relations, training, hiring and disciplinary action. Required to maintain staffing levels to meet campus needs both ongoing and temporary. Collaborates with Human Resources, Administration and Labor representatives for contract negotiations or employment disputes and/or issues. Represents the University in Union contract negotiations as pertains to Physical Plant and Facilities units.
3. Manages departments financial and material resources. These responsibilities encompass determination of requirement, justification of need, prioritization, presentation, accountability and administration. Provides oversight and management of unit budget to protect against over expenditures and assure maximum utilization of funds.
4. Develops, implements or recommends University policies and procedures for facilities and utilities systems management, maintenance, and operation.
5. Negotiates and coordinates the administration of service contracts for maintenance, repair and other services affecting facilities, equipment and furnishings.
6. Serves as divisional or university representative on committees, for local or state organizations as pertain to area of responsibility or oversight: includes serving as the Co-Chair of the Water Conservation Committee.
7. Performs duties as assigned or requested by supervisor.
8. Works with the Executive Director of Planning and Construction in developing the Infrastructure components of the Campus Master Plan and provide guidance in the design new buildings regarding best options and practices for maintenance and operations.
9. Works with the Executive Director of Planning and Construction in developing new and renovated spaces for: International Students and other unit and departmental space accommodations as needed.
10. Works with the Director of Sustainability in: developing and implementing a Campus Energy Plan; in developing and implementing the Campus Climate Action Plan; in supporting waste management and recycling goals; in support of events and functions including providing team support to Sustainability.
11. Works to expand the capability of the Physical Plant Craft shops to best provide low-cost, high quality, and the timely delivery of services to the Campus Community and to serviced customers.
Ten (10) years of experience in facilities operations.
Five (5) years experience demonstrating increasing responsibility in facilities planning and oversight.
Bachelors degree preferably in engineering discipline or business administration.
Thorough knowledge of facilities planning, design and construction; facilities maintenance management and utilities operation and management.
Ability to manage large organizations through intermediate supervisors.
Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Ability to present information to inform or negotiate.
Ability to develop large unit budgets, adept at forecasting and expense control.
Ability to deal effectively with diverse employment work force.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Requires Asbestos Physical and Respiratory Fit Testing.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Occasional exposure to outside and varied climates. Work is performed during typical business hours, must be available to work additional hours to meet business needs or deadlines.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The Universitys insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu