Union Level: Department: Pacific Technology Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301293P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours. May require additional hours, nights, and weekends. Position End Date: Open Date: 02/27/2018 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Responsible for supporting and maintaining the univerity's ERP Finance module and related applications, including business applications, e-commerce applications; applications/data integration; programming; data administration and security; and reporting. Responsible for working under the principles of collaboration, communication, quality and team pride. Provide application support for University departments' projects and work.
Essential Functions: 1. Provides analytical and technical programming development support for the Universitys ERP system. Develops and maintain excellent relationships with functional clients, and consider all 3 campuses in solutions design. Works with minimal oversight from supervisor and senior developers.
2. Provide primary support Banner Finance Module by working closely with both technical and end users to define requirements, resolve issues, and modify code for implementation.
3. Provide and maintain support for any and all Banner customizations and modify accordingly, so that they remain functional throughout Banner upgrades. Takes initiative to reach out to vendors when opportunities are presented.
4. Research and develop alternative solutions; write up programming specifications and system flow charts; develop prototypes; design user-friendly interfaces to systems, applications, reports and databases; identify current operating procedures; and clarify program objectives. Investigate, design, program and implement enhancements to ERP applications and other integrated applications. Proactively identifies and recommends enhancements to technical environment.
5. Keep abreast of latest Banner technologies and functionalities, and make appropriate recommendations. Identify current operating procedures; and clarify program objectives. Create, develop, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain current integrations between Banner and 3rd-party applications (either one or two-way). Provides guidance to less experienced developers.
6. Designs, develops and maintains web applications and middleware, including ebusiness and e-commerce solutions and data/applications integration.
7. Works with functional clients to develop specifications, test plans, and validation documentation. Meets independently with business units.
8. Maintains existing applications and support and improve production systems.
9. Applies experienced understanding of project management and enthusiastically takes project leadership responsibility.
10. Tracks productivity.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Four (4) years of experience working with ERP systems and business web applications.
Bachelors degree in a technology-related field.
Ellucian Banner experience preferred.
Experience with systems analysis, design, procedural and object-oriented programming languages. Proven experience producing high quality documentation.
Ability to work logically through problems and develop optimal solutions.
Proven ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computing equipment and phone. Must be able to work in an open office environment with moderate noise levels. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed during standard business hours. May require additional hours, nights, and weekends.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Min $26.45 per hour to Max $44.19 per hour, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu