Senior Project Inspector San Jose State University
Job ID: 23814 Full/Part Time: Full - time Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Code: 3312 Department: FD&O
About the Position The Senior Project Inspector is responsible for building and construction inspections and serves as the Campus Inspector of Record. The incumbent also manages various tasks of specialty inspections and material testing, communicates the status of construction activities with supervisors and members of the design team, enforces contract specifications and requirements and compliance of applicable building codes pertaining to building construction, environmental codes, land use, solid waste facilities, signs, health and safety, and related regulations.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs a variety of inspection, investigation, and enforcement duties related to building construction and environmental codes, land use, solid waste facilities, signs, health and safety, and CSU, state, federal and municipal regulations and other laws, rules and regulations as assigned.
- Interprets building ordinances, codes, laws, rules and regulations and makes recommendations to campus community and other entities pertaining to such regulations.
- Gathers and analyzes a variety of construction related data and information to ensure State code is met.
- Performs duties of a Construction Inspector in Construction Phase of CSU Public Works Construction with duties stipulated in SUAM 9792.05, and as assigned in SUAM 9792.04, and 06.
- Manages consultants hired to perform inspections related to capital projects.
- Ascertains project scope and gathers facts related to applicable building ordinances, codes, laws, rules and regulations and determines and institutes proper action to be taken.
- Advocates campus interest with the Fire Marshall and other regulatory agencies in enforcing construction contract requirements, CSU regulations and policies, and applicable building codes.
- Assists FD&O staff with specifications and bidding documents; reviews capital project plans to meet code compliance prior to final department approval.
- Serves on campus committees relating to campus planning, design and construction, and prepares reports and correspondence.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position may also require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position will be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
San Jose State University is a destination for dreamers, innovators and high achievers. Our campus sees countless new discoveries every day?from faculty members cutting-edge research to students who discover new passions in the classroom. Discover SJSU by learning about the university's history or finding out what's happening on campus today.