OMWD is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Education and Conservation Coordinator. This at will position is responsible for performing a variety of analytical and administrative duties in support of the District’s conservation, education and community programs, including community outreach, project management, and grant/award administration. Compiles and analyzes data and makes recommendations based on analysis, prepares various reports, and strives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Represents the District by attending and participating in professional group meetings and speaks publicly on behalf of the District.
Acts as a liaison between the District and public/private schools about water conservation issues.
Plans events and tours.
Prepares agenda items for Board approval.
Performs a variety of professional level research, administrative, and analytical duties for completing the Best Management Practices (BMP) Report and Urban Water Management Plan in accordance with state and federal guidelines and meets appropriate deadlines.
Interprets and applies pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations as they pertain to conservation and education programs; provides assistance with conservation and landscape inquiries.
Develops various promotional, educational, and conservation press releases and brochures.
Develops and updates a variety of public information materials and/or reports on the conservation, education, and BMP programs including exhibits and displays.
Prepares PowerPoint presentations and other electronic media as needed for presentations or meetings.
Minimum of five years progressive responsibility, including two years minimum experience planning and coordinating public conservation awareness and education campaigns. Experience working with the public and achieving positive public relations. Ability to constructively deal with conflict and afford effective resolutions. Associate’s degree with an emphasis in journalism, and/or business administration preferred, or High School diploma or equivalent along with five years of progressive responsibility and experience.
District application required, attach current resume.
Olivenhain Municipal Water District is a public agency providing water, wastewater services, recycled water, and hydroelectricity. The District also operates the Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve.
OMWD has a competitive benefits package including:
• Medical Insurance (100% District paid for family)
• Dental Insurance (100% District paid for family)
• Vision Insurance (100% District paid f...or family)
• Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment Insurance (100% District paid)
• CalPERS Retirement Plan (2.5% at 55 for “classic” members or 2% at 62 for “new” members)
• Long-term disability (50% District paid)
• Vacation: 1-5 years = 96 hours per year
• Holidays: 10 days + 3 floating holidays (28hrs/yr after 12 months of service)
• Sick Days: 96 hours per year
• Education Reimbursement of $2,000 per fiscal year
• Deferred Compensation (457 Plan)
• 125 Flexible Spending and VEBA Accounts
• 9/80 Work Schedule
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Wellness Programs and On-site gym
• And a great work environment!