Associate Architect University of California, Santa Cruz Physical Planning & Construction JOB #: 1706997
FULL TIME; CAREER Starting Salary Range: $75,000-$105,000/annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Involves managing the design and construction of capital projects, including renovations, expansions and new facilities and infrastructure as well as landscape projects; collect, develop, and analyze technical data to determine project requirements and preparation of information regarding specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs, and completion times. (For Facilities Management, see General Services Job Field.)
Facilities Project Manager with experience who is responsible for coordinating all phases of building projects and facilities modifications, from establishment of design concepts through design implementation, or coordinates specialized and critical components of projects. Acts independently, receiving guidance at each key phase of the project. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Physical Planning and Construction (PPC) supports the UC Santa Cruz academic vision by managing and overseeing all physical planning, design, and construction. Under the direction of the Campus Architect/Building Official, PPC ensures that projects contribute to and support campus life by creating visually pleasing, functional, and sustainable facilities that are sensitive and responsive to the surrounding natural landscape. We collaborate with other campus departments to facilitate and realize their programmatic, or operational needs when building or altering facilities.
- Thorough working knowledge of building and construction, design, construction contract administration and California Building Codes, including full understanding of industry practices.
- Thorough project management skills, including skill to manage all phases of design and construction of complex projects including programming, budgeting, design, contract administration / documents and inspection.
- Advanced skills in problem recognition / avoidance / resolution.
- Thorough organizational and analytical skills including skill to provide high quality control. Detail oriented to accurately proof contracts and other documents.
- Thorough written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills including high level political acumen.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 03-21-2017
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.