This position will function primarily with capital projects on the Irvine campus. Experience with major new construction in excess of $20 million required.
Under general direction of the Director of Construction and Inspection, the incumbent is responsible for project management of the design and construction phases of capital projects. These responsibilities include: planning, organizing, prioritizing, supervising and checking the work of professionals (University and consultants) engaged in the planning, design and construction process.
This position carries major responsibility for University building programs related to academic programs and in coordination with University committees comprised of administrators, faculty, and staff.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Strong candidates will have the following:
• B. Arch or relevant field or possess a combination of relevant skills and experiences.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience.
• Experience with major new construction projects in excess of $20M.
• Ability to manage a broad scope of projects, to coordinate the activities of various groups of design professionals, and to interface with a wide spectrum of people both within and outside the University system.
• Ability to organize, set priorities, maintain tight schedules, and monitor project budgets.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Licensed in California.
• Combination of professional skills and experience, with knowledge of design/construction, fiscal management of design and construction projects, legal and contracts management and information technology and systems management in a design-build environment.
To view the complete job description and to apply, please use this link: http://jobs.uci.edu and search for job number 2017-0107
About the University of California, Irvine: Founded in 1965, UCI is the youngest member of the prestigious Association of American Universities. The campus has produced three Nobel laureates and is known for its academic achievement, premier research, innovation and anteater mascot. Led by Chancellor Howard Gillman, UCI has more than 30,000 students and offers 192 degree programs. It’s located in ...one of the world’s safest and most economically vibrant communities and is Orange County’s second-largest employer, contributing $5 billion annually to the local economy. For more on UCI, visit www.uci.edu.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.