Led by Hiram Banks, we are an award-winning lighting design firm specializing in commercial, hospitality, and high-end residential projects.
Our studio offers a collaborative environment with an emphasis on unusual and cutting edge lighting design solutions. A good Work / Life balance is one of our core values.
We offer competitive salary & benefits, continuing professional development and a collegial atmosphere.
We are looking for a confident Intermediate Designer to join our growing team of professionals. The Intermediate Designer role is key in maintaining project deliverables and assisting the Design Director.
• Work directly with the Design Director to manage overall project scheduling.
• Collaborate and initiate ideas with the project team in the design process (developing ideas, bringing ideas to the table) and in the production of interior architectural lighting design and construction documents on all project types.
• Assist and collaborate with the project team in producing presentation materials and in presenting designs to clients and other consultants.
• Assist and collaborate with the project team in conducting construction-phase activities including requests for information, document updates, project record-keeping.
• Assist and collaborate with the project team on all required design documentation, including but not limited to; drawings, specifications, fixture selections, detail developments, cost estimates, etc.
• Interacting with various consultants on projects.
• Developing lighting design resources (vendors, professional sources).
• Maintaining and developing clients relations.
Qualifications and Requirements include: • An accredited professional degree in architecture, lighting design, interior design – or work equivalent
• 4 - 7 years of lighting industry experience
• Proficiency in AutoCAD2013 (we use LT)
• Fluency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Great time management skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and English proficiency
• Efficiency in Adobe CS6 (we use InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
• AGI 3.2 or other lighting calculation software
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
Hiram Banks Lighting Design (HBLD), a San Francisco based firm, is one of the lighting design industry’s premier firms that specialize in an assortment project types. HBLD often receives important residential, commercial and hospitality commissions, both locally as well as globally. HBLD operates as a team oriented firm, working hand in hand with some of the most respected design professionals t...o ensure that every project undertaken is completed to the fullest of its potential. We understand that each project has distinct characteristics, whether new construction or renovation, that needs to be fully understood in order to produce a design that can be taken through the rigorous stages a project endures. LEED certification is another area that client’s often choose to explore that HBLD fully understands and implements. Hiram Banks Lighting Design gains its strength through a diverse collection of project types; which provides a solid foundation to draw confidence from for future endeavors.