All Saints’ Day School (www.asds.org), an outstanding independent coeducational day school in enviable Carmel, California, places an emphasis on academic excellence with a spirit of social responsibility. Located on a gorgeous campus in Carmel Valley and serving 165 students in pre-kindergarten through grade eight, students of all ages exchange ideas and explore ethics as they define their attitudes and values. All Saints’ educates the whole child by nurturing students’ intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical development so that they may attain their highest potential. The school has built a reputation for academic rigor and character development and is marked by a very strong positive school culture. All Saints’ active Episcopal affiliation focuses on inclusivity, support, respect, and the shared values reflected in the school’s mission statement. A feeling of positive energy, inclusiveness, optimism, respect and kindness permeates our campus.
All Saints’ seeks an energetic, proactive and dynamic individual of great initiative to serve as its next Director of Athletics and Team Leader – Physical Education (Grades 1-8) for the start of the 2017-2018 school year. Responsibilities associated with this tremendous leadership opportunity include but are not limited to the following:
Team Leader – Physical Education: All Saints’ has a vision for 21st Century Physical Education built around lifelong health and wellness skills. The Team Leader will galvanize the program by directly bringing this vision to life through offerings that include: Wellness, Yoga, Cardio health, Nutrition, Aerobics and a personal health curriculum all designed to help children lead active and healthy lives. She or he will have the opportunity to lead the redesign and implementation of the PE curriculum, thereby differentiating the All Saints’ PE Program. He or She will be responsible for the teaching of PE to grades 1-8.
Director of Athletics: All Saints’ maintains a limited but competitive inter-scholastic athletic program for grades 6-8 involving Basketball (boys and girls), Soccer (boys and girls), Volleyball (boys and girls), Tennis and Golf (both coed). In the role of AD, the ideal candidate will also be responsible for the following:
Coordinate and secure practice sites for sports teams.
Manage all communications between teams, coaches and parents.
Arrange for referees.
Manage equipment for teams, first aid, permission forms, emergency forms, health forms.
Manage facilities for on campus practices. (Lining fields, field maintenance, signage, etc.)
Coordinate events with school calendar, secretary, communications director, etc.
Attend all AD and coaches meetings and determine appropriate placement of school teams in the various sports and leagues.
The Athletic director will also coach and oversee our small but dedicated cadre of team coaches. In both roles, attention to detail and the ability and willingness to work constructively with others are essential personal and performance skills.
All Saints’ Day School (www.asds.org), an outstanding independent coeducational day school in enviable Carmel, California, places an emphasis on academic excellence with a spirit of social responsibility. Located on a gorgeous and spacious campus nestled in Carmel Valley and serving 165 students in pre-kindergarten through grade eight, students of all ages exchange ideas and explore ethics as they... define their attitudes and values.
In keeping with our Episcopal tradition, All Saints’ teaches, prepares and inspires children to go forward and transform the world. We aspire to national prominence as a leader for advancing innovation in teaching and learning.
Our Core Beliefs
• A skills-driven academic curriculum best serves each child when designed and implemented by dynamic educators empowered with the professional freedom to focus on preparing our students for 21st Century citizenship and leadership.
• A focus on the whole child means each one’s personal, emotional and social well being is cultivated, supported, challenged and nurtured through community outreach and service-oriented learning that develops and fosters strong connections to the community in which we live.
• Embedded Character development as found in a formal curriculum and embodied in a nurturing, positive and encouraging learning environment teaches children responsibility, resilience, persistence, empathy towards others and age-appropriate ways to think about more than simply themselves.
• Relationship-centered teaching is the heart of a transformative school experience. Children thrive in a learning environment characterized by mutually supportive, suitably participative, and collaborative family-teacher partnerships.
• Children should be children. A school environment that is countercultural to societal influences that blur the boundaries of what is age-appropriate allows children to grow without being forced to adulthood.
• Love of God, neighbor and self leads us to value the spirituality of each person. We recognize that spirituality influences our personal choices and growth and leads us to authentic relationships on all levels as we interact with people and with the planet.
The school has built a reputation for academic rigor and character development and is marked by a positive culture. A feeling of positive energy, inclusiveness, optimism, respect and kindness permeates our campus.