This employment opportunity involves creating and managing lighting designs on many concurrent projects with constant input from the Principal and collaboration with a team of Associate Lighting Designers. The candidate will have solid experience with residential or commercial lighting design, lighting products and controls, and the ability to demonstrate their experience in AutoCAD.
If you have prior lighting design or electrical engineering experience, exceptional communication and organizational skills, are easy to work with and enjoy a team environment, you may qualify for this position.
*Create and revise lighting layouts and specifications using AutoCAD®
* Attend project meetings and take notes of any changes that would affect a lighting layout
* Develop strong relationships with design and construction team members
* Monitor project phases, track lighting design tasks by phase and accurately document all time spent on projects by phase
* Perform site visits/site supervision when necessary
* Manage multiple drawings on multiple projects
* Develop strong relationships with lighting manufacturer’s reps
* Create preliminary lighting control system layouts
* Establish daily project priorities to meet deadlines
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter summarizing your skills and why you would be an excellent fit for this position. Please put “ALD” in the subject line. If interviewed, applicants must submit 3 professional references that are not merely verification of employment.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in residential/commercial lighting design or Electrical Engineering
* Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering preferred, or additional experience with AA degree
* Strong, verifiable, computer skills in AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
* Current knowledge of residential or commercial lighting products and controls
* Current knowledge of CA Title-24 Energy Code
* Excellent oral communication skills, including demonstrated confidence and comfort communicating with clients and project team members to obtain information necessary to design efficient and effective lighting
* Excellent writing skills
* Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment
Ideal Personality Traits:
* Enthusiastic, professional attitude
* Strong inter-personal skills
* Can prioritize tasks and manage time
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Strong work ethic
Additional Salary Information: Compensation and Benefits
The firm offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
This full-time Associate Lighting Designer position for an established and respected lighting design firm will report directly to the Principal. The firm works on premier residential and commercial projects all over the Bay Area and beyond, and has a reputation for outstanding design, service and attention to detail.
The office culture is casual yet professional and very team-oriented. The office is located in Marin County with easy on/off access to Hwy. 101.