Union Level: Department: Business & Finance Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301350P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work is performed during standard business hours, may be required during non-business hours and weekends to meet business needs. Occasional travel both local and overnight. Position End Date: Open Date: 05/10/2018 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Under the supervision and direction of the Facilities Administrative Officer perform a variety of administrative and strategic support services to primarily support the Assistant Vice President/Chief Facilities Officer (AVP/CFO) and as directed the Facilities management team. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Ensures department conformity to institutional business rules and procedures and departmental internal controls.
Essential Functions: 1. Provides advanced administrative support to the Assistant Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer including: managing schedules, travel, projects, events and other activities to ensure utmost efficiency. This may include but is not limited to:
Coordinating travel arrangements both domestic and international for business related events and activities;
Maintaining complex calendar, prioritizing multiple meetings, events, travel plans and other appointments;
Coordinating logistics for meetings/events and other activities which may include catering service, technical support, meeting invitations, guest lists, presenters, speakers, meeting venues, transportations and others, both on and off campus;
Preparing agendas, presentations, board meeting materials and other documents as needed for a variety of meetings/events;
2. Provides primary support and coordination to the Assistant Vice President for designated meetings; committees, and Board of Regents materials. Responsible for preparation, assembly, review and distribution of confidential materials for presentation to the committees.
3. Attends and monitors committee meeting materials as required, takes notes and transcribes minutes for official University records. Provides minutes of the meetings to the Administrative Officer and/or Assistant Vice President as required for official proceedings of meetings and for forwarding to other Committee Members.
4. Assists in the administration of University services contracts for adherence to Universitys policies and procedures. Applies procedures and contract authority as well as contract compliance. Drafts contract documents when requested.
5. Responsible for a variety of budget and financial processes such as overseeing budget for certain index codes and fiscal year-end accruals; monitoring purchasing transactions; reconciling statements and other fiscal accounts, preparing Accounts Payable documents and reporting information as requested. Identifies concerns or issues related to general ledger accounts, and offers recommendations.
6. Serves as liaison for the Assistant Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer, and as directed for the Facilities Administrative Officer to outside consultants, contractors, and staff on administrative and construction related items.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in business related field or equivalent. Five (5) years of increasingly complex office experience of which three (3) shall have been in support of an Executive or Senior Administrator.
Must have experience in the maintenance of confidential records and knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and to use sound judgment and initiative.
Excellent (thoughtful & articulate) interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills.
Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and internet. Web management a plus. Ability to adapt to emerging technology.
Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects, meet strict deadlines, and analyze non-routine issues effectively.
Ability to perform duties using highest level of confidentiality, discretion and respect for others.
Demonstrated excellent and professional customer service skills.
Knowledge of budget management.
Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require frequent sitting, repetitive use of hands and wrists while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional walking, standing and simple grasping. Climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling or reaching. May be requested to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work is performed during standard business hours, may be required during non-business hours and weekends to meet business needs. Occasional travel both local and overnight.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Min $17.17 per hour to Mid $22.48 per hour, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu