Organizational Area: Office of the Chief Investment Officer
Location: Oakland, CA
Posting Salary: PSS Grade 22--$60,200 to $91,600 (Minimum to Midpoint)
Position Summary: The Office of the Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) is responsible for managing the University of California's retirement, endowment, working capital, and cash assets under the policies, guidelines, and performance benchmarks established by the Regents. The mission of the Office is to implement those policies and guidelines by selecting, executing, and monitoring investment strategies designed to add value over the benchmarks within a risk-controlled framework.
The Office adheres to high ethical as well as professional standards in serving the investment management needs of its constituency and the Chief Investment Officer has full investment discretion while the Regents retain responsibility for Asset Allocation and Investment Guidelines.
In the Investment Support Services, the Facilities Officer 3- Facilities is responsible for supervising the day-to-day unit activities, including supervision of unit activities as OCIO technology subject matter expert, oversight and problem solver, oversee all phone, equipment, furniture and all other facility matters of the office. Acts as the primary facilities contact on behalf of the OCIO. May also oversee and participate in more complex facilities events or design and construction projects. Provides direction according to established policies and management guidance.
Reporting to the manager and team leads of Investment Support Services, the Facilities role uses intermediate to advanced administrative concepts and organization objectives to resolve complex operations and client issues for the OCIO department stakeholders as a whole with specialization support services for all Office- wide facilities needs regarding technology, conference room uses, ensuring all spaces throughout the offices are maintained in good standing and order, equipment ordering, space changes, events, special projects, IT requests and communications and other, general administrative support. Regularly works on facilities and administrative issues using analysis of situations and research with an in- depth evaluation of variable factors, partnering with UCOP IT, UCOP Facilities and Building management at 1111 Broadway as the primary contact on behalf of OCIO; and interfaces with other UCOP departments and 3rd party vendors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and problem solving.
This role extends as part of the Investment Support Services team leadership with a keen willingness and need to cover high/ low departmental requirements with a completion approach (start to finish). The role also acts as a subject matter expert across OCIO global, office support needs.
As such the role also has a strong, cross- functional capacity of work tasks and shared knowledge base and deliverables performed by the Investment Support Services group for OCIO office wide (front middle and back office support). Cross duties are required to help ensure the high volume work capacity of the OCIO is covered.
Position requires regular, attendance.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Other Special Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
Job Close Date:
Duty 10: Administers a defined operational program or activities that include: finance, facilities, space planning, communications, informational technology and safety. Tasks include-
1) coordinate and interface on behalf of all facilities, technology, equipment, furniture and space matters are properly closed out and documented regardless of direct or indirect coordination of the function;
2) manages and directs facilities functions and project programs on behalf of the Investment Support Group and Office wide;
3) drafts and prepares cost estimates for approval, functional studies and establishes project schedule and budget and reviews with clients; establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans, budgets and schedules;
4) assumes responsibility for quality and quantity of work;
5) supervises activities associated with Facilities management including renovations of current facilities and infrastructure as well as the design, development and completion of new facilities;
6) selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the effective and efficient operation of all facilities, technology, space, equipment, etc. functions are properly administered and met from start to finish;
7) ensures that OCIO staff functions are in compliance with university and local policy guidelines and procedures;
8) oversee and distribute all IT, Facilities, Projects and related bidirectional communications on behalf of the OCIO; including trouble shooting and associated ServiceNow, iRequests, Envoy, Zoom, UpMonth, Affinity and other, system requests;
9) directly support OCIO CIO and COO with all space, facilities and related, ad-hoc tasks; and
10) responsible for tracking, setting up and maintaining a current list of all requirements of OCIO business users for vendor services that require network or such interfacing with UCOP IT (e.g. Bloomberg licensing and the like). Function:FACILITIES & TECHNOLOGY Percent: 50
Duty 20: Provide backup coverage for daily breaks, vacation and sick days. This role also helps coordinate coverage support among other, Investment Support Services team when staffing is low in support of other, scheduled and non scheduled absences. Tasks include-
1) perform troubleshooting support and resolve system issues with UCOP IT via ServiceNow requests;
2) coordinate building service needs with property management and UCOP facilities respectively;
3) process daily mail and order/ deliver/ receive packages on behalf of OCIO and Senior Management;
4) ensure that office machines are equipped with paper and in working condition on a daily basis;
5) required to learn various office database systems in order to enter and retrieve data, as needed (e.g. Envoy);
6) responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of all conference rooms, kitchen (i.e. dishes, etc.) and other gathering spaces throughout the office, and proper checks at the beginning, end and throughout the day, including clearing areas after department events, or client meetings in such conference room spaces;
7) order, log, track and maintain all office supplies;
8) order, log and track all incoming checks, and distribute mail on a daily basis in a timely manner on same day of receipt; and
9) manage office- wide conference room bookings by OCIO staff and UCOP partners, help mitigate and problem solve conflicting space and conference room uses. Function:FRONT DESK BACKUP Percent: 25
Duty 30: Under the direction of the team manager and leads- provide project assistance and back-up, oversight and standard work in support of all Asset Classes office wide as needed. Tasks include-
1) provide project assistance and back-up, oversight and standard work in support of all Asset Classes office wide as needed; e.g. data automation management (UpMonth) and project support for shadow performance systems and reporting (Solovis) and investment risk data systems (Aladdin);
2) assists Investment Support Services manager and leads in ensuring processes and workflows of the team are followed and that overall OCIO critical and non-critical main business activities are sustainably met; and
3) applies feasibility analysis in support of OCIO wide performance goals in resource allocations for projects. (e.g. onboarding new and off-boarding terminated staff) Function:PROJECTS Percent: 15
Duty 40: Supports leading and overseeing a full range of analytical tasks moderate to significantly complex in terms of budgetary funding, number of faculty, staff and/or are broad in scope due to focus of operations. Tasks include-
1) establish new vendor purchase order (PO) requests, quarterly PO balance reviews, new vendor setup (e.g. Bruinbuy requests);
2) administer signature requirements among OCIO business users, investment manager and COO for various vendor invoice payments on behalf of public and private investments and other general budget expenses;
3) help collect and administer OCIO travel- pre approval requests; and
4) enter payment requests in ServiceNow (e.g. vendor invoices, subscriptions, memberships, conferences, training, etc.). Function:ANALYTICS AND RESEARCH Percent: 10
Job Requirements Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of University rules and regulations, processes, protocols and procedures for budget, account and fund management, personnel management.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of a variety of administrative operations activities such as events planning, basic fundraising processes, risk management planning, website design, accounting and payroll, and contracts and grants regulations and guidelines.
Intermediate to advanced interpersonal communication skills to include verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
Intermediate to advanced skills in short and long term strategic planning, analysis and problem-solving and customer service. Required
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques, human resources policies and procedures for staff and academic employees.
Knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs. Preferred
About us The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the corporate headquarters to the ten campuses, five medical centers and three Department of Energy National Labs and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About University of California Office of the President
The Office of the President is the systemwide headquarters of the University of California, managing its fiscal and business operations and supporting the academic and research missions across its campuses, labs and medical centers.