Job Seekers, Welcome to CBIA Career Center
Active Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)
Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 9 JobsCreate Alert
Loading... Please wait.
University of California, Berkeley
Loading... Please wait.
Location: Pasadena, California
Internal Number: 3576267
Exempt Overtime Eligible: Overtime Eligible
Benefits Eligible: Benefit Based
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Under the supervision of the Plumbing Maintenance supervisor, perform plumbing duties related to the installation and maintenance of all facilities of the campus. Perform the maintenance required to ensure proper operation of steam, water, gas, air, vacuum, circulating pumps, cooling and heating systems, and other building related systems and equipment.
This is an Essential Reporting position. An employee designated as essential reporting has essential job skills that are needed for response and recovery and is expected to report to Campus as soon as possible.
Essential Job Duties
- Utilize Caltech's Integrated Workplace Management System software (AiM) to complete planned and corrective maintenance work orders.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by establishing regular communications regarding maintenance and repair activities for affected discipline(s).
- Work closely with the Facilities Asset Manager in the inventory and asset information of plumbing systems and related equipment.
- Inspect and maintain the repair needs of piping, plumbing fixtures, systems and equipment.
- Respond to trouble calls, emergency conditions and analyze routine work requests for timely execution and completion.
- Assure compliance with applicable building codes and Caltech Design Guidelines.
- Manage Caltech resources for optimum productivity.
- Adhere to campus fire and life safety procedures, including confined space, lock-out & tag-out, use of PPE, and so forth.
- Maintain technical proficiency with new equipment technologies, regulatory requirements, and engineering advances in improved operational performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of building codes, regulatory requirements, licensing and inspections.
- Five years journeyman level experience in the plumbing trade.
- A valid journeyman plumber's certification or the ability to become licensed with the first 12 months of employment.
- Ability to correctly and skillfully operate the various standard tools and equipment of the plumbing trade, e.g., drain cleaners, power hand tools, torches, welding equipment, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical language in plumbing drawings and diagrams.
- Ability to modify and/or adapt designs, procedures, or methods to make necessary alterations and modifications.
- Communicate professionally with the members of the Caltech community in all situations. Must maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Software proficiency in MS Word, Excel, MS Project, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments.
- Skill in estimating material and labor requirements to accomplish task.
- Ability to work various shifts as well as overtime and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver's license at the time of employment and be able to maintain it throughout the course of employment.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills are required. Use correct punctuation, vocabulary, spelling, and sentence structure. Follow written instructions.
- Must be in good health with the physical strength and agility to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis, bend in all directions, climb stairs and ladders, squeeze with arms and hands, operate machinery using hands, and work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to distinguish among colors and work in confined spaces.
- AS Degree in an appropriate construction or maintenance related technical or engineering field from an accredited college or university, trade school, or equivalent on-the-job training and experience.
- Back Flow tester certification with Los Angeles County Health Department.
- Proficiency with Asset Works AiM and Kronos or similar preventive maintenance and timekeeping software is a plus.
- Strong teamwork, project management and problem resolution skills.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://hr.caltech.edu/work/job_openings
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
The California Institute of Technology (Caltech) is a world-renowned science and engineering research and education institution, where extraordinary faculty and students seek answers to complex questions, discover new knowledge, lead innovation, and transform our future.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 888.491.8833 x 1629 | firstname.lastname@example.org