Job Seekers, Welcome to CBIA Career Center
Active Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)
Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 555 JobsCreate Alert
Loading... Please wait.
Saint Mary's College of California
University of Southern California (USC)
Los Angeles, California
Carnegie Mellon University
Silicon Valley, California
Newport Beach, California
University of California, Berkeley
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Fresno, California, California
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Palo Alto, California, California
Los Angeles Community College District
Los Angeles, California
Loading... Please wait.
Location: Pomona, California
Internal Number: 3648535
Civil Engineering, Assistant Professor
Job No: 519144
Work Type: Instructional Faculty - Tenured/Tenure-Track
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time, Faculty - Engineering, On-site (work in-person at business location)
Tenure Track Faculty Position
Civil Engineering Department
College of Engineering
Salary Range: $100,00-$101,160 Annual
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona invites applications for a tenure track faculty ASSISTANT PROFESSOR position in the Civil Engineering Department in an area related to the study and/or promotion of Construction Engineering and Management.
Cal Poly Pomona is one of three polytechnic universities in the 23-campus California State University system and among 12 such institutions nationwide. Since its founding in 1938, Cal Poly Pomona students have participated in an integrative experiential learning education that is inclusive, relevant, and values diverse perspectives and experiences. With a variety of degree programs in the arts, humanities, sciences, engineering, and professional disciplines, the university is well known for its learn-by-doing approach and Teacher Scholar Model.
The university is noted for its scenic and historic 1,400-acre campus, which was once the winter ranch of cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg. We acknowledge that Cal Poly Pomona resides on the territorial and homelands of the Tongva and Tataavium people who are the traditional land caretakers of Tovaangar. The university's nearly 30,000 students are taught and mentored by the campus's more than 1,400 faculty as part of 54 Baccalaureate and 29 Master's degree programs, 11 credential and certificate programs, and a doctorate in educational leadership.
Highly regarded among its peer institutions, Cal Poly Pomona is No. 3 in the U.S. News and World Report rankings of top public regional universities in the west and was named the No. 28 best value college in the nation by Money Magazine. Cal Poly Pomona, a Hispanic-Serving Institution and an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution, stands as a national leader in promoting social mobility, and was placed among the 25 top institutions in the country in awarding bachelor's degrees to minoritized students by Diverse Issues in Higher Education.
The Cal Poly Pomona campus is located less than 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles at the intersection of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. It is within an hour's drive of beaches, mountains and deserts. For additional information about the university, please visit www.cpp.edu, and for more about faculty life, please see YourLife@CPP.
Student Population. California residents comprise the majority (96%) of applicants to undergraduate programs at Cal Poly Pomona - nearly half (49%) of new students were transfers in Fall 2020. 58% of Cal Poly Pomona students are first generation, 70% receive financial aid, and 44% qualify as Pell-eligible. The university enrolls a diverse student body that identifies as 49% Latinx, 21% Asian, 15% White, 3% Black, 5% International, 3% two or more races, 3% unknown, and less than 1% Native Hawaiian or Native Pacific Islander and less than 1% Native American Indigenous. 39% of the student body were STEM majors with the top enrolled programs including psychology, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, biology and computer science.
Inclusive Excellence Criteria. We aspire to be the model inclusive polytechnic university in the nation. We have a strong commitment to inclusive excellence and to educational experiences that leverage the diverse perspectives and experiences needed to succeed and thrive in a diverse society.
Tenure track faculty hires will demonstrate a commitment and record of contributions through their teaching, scholarship, or service to these inclusive excellence criteria (a minimum of two must be addressed in the Student Success Statement):
1. Integrates the values of equity and inclusivity into their teaching, scholarship and/or service contributions with diverse student populations;
2. Incorporates the contributions and struggles of historic ethnic minority groups and communities into their teaching, scholarly work, and/or service contributions;
3. Adopts teaching strategies that support the learning and success of students from diverse student populations;
4. Mentors and engages diverse student populations in discovery, scholarship, and creative activities;
5. Engages students in problem-based projects and learning that address the needs of diverse communities;
6. Possesses knowledge of challenges and barriers for underrepresented students and faculty within the discipline;
7. Mentors and assists diverse student populations interested in pursuing graduate education;
8. Engages in community-responsive action research or service with diverse student populations and communities;
9. Has experience in or demonstrates a commitment to adopting experiential learning activities and pedagogy with diverse student populations and communities; and
10. Has expertise in or demonstrated commitment to teaching, scholarship and/or service that contributes to access, diversity, and equal opportunity in higher education.
College of Engineering
The College of Engineering's mission is to prepare students for industry and advanced studies by implementing an inclusive polytechnic philosophy through collaborative teamwork, innovation, entrepreneurship, and professional integrity. The College offers 12 ABET-accredited undergraduate degrees and 7 Master's degrees to over 6,500 students across seven academic departments that include: Aerospace Engineering, Chemical and Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical, and Computer Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The College is nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report and currently ranks 5th among undergraduate engineering programs in non-doctorate-granting public institutions. Additionally, it houses more than 40 student clubs that offer hands-on learning opportunities and have been recognized at several national competitions. We encourage a broad range of applicants who are committed to enhancing a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to an inclusive campus environment.
Department of Civil Engineering
The Civil Engineering Department strives to be a leader in polytechnic education, where hands-on learning is the foundation of a broad-based educational experience. The Civil Engineering undergraduate program, one of the largest undergraduate programs in the nation in terms of student enrollment, currently has approximately 1,300 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. A student body in the Civil Engineering Department consists of 49% Hispanic/Latino, 23% Asian, 15% White, and 13% others. The success of our undergraduate and graduate programs results from the solid curriculum that incorporates theory and practice in a learning-centered environment. Students are provided with opportunities to apply their knowledge in hands-on projects, collaborate with faculty members on research, and participate in valuable internships and service-learning programs.
Position Description: Construction Engineering and Management (CEM): We are seeking candidates with a record of a strong commitment to undergraduate and graduate teaching, and to the development of applied research in CEM in a diverse community. Teaching assignments are based on the needs of the department and may include lower division courses, upper division courses, as well as graduate level courses. Candidates should have technical expertise in CEM, covering one or more of the following areas: construction information technology (IT), construction automation, building information modeling (BIM), construction safety, sustainable energy, green building, building systems (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing), infrastructure resiliency, lean construction, data mining, estimating, scheduling, integrated project delivery (IPD), or closely related areas in CEM. The successful candidate is expected to collaborate with industry and universities, as well as with funding agencies, to develop applied research projects.
Minimum requirements include:
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or a closely aligned field from an accredited university (ABET or ACCE) by the date of appointment (Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.)
- A commitment and a record of contributions to student success through applicant's teaching, scholarship, or service. This will be described in the Student Success Statement, which must address at least two of the inclusive excellence criteria listed above.
- Evidence of college teaching activities (e.g., full-time/part-time instructor, teaching assistant, seminar participation, guest lecture or invited speaker) and scholarly activities in the CEM discipline within the last three years
- Demonstrated ability to teach, especially undergraduate classes in the fundamentals of Construction Engineering & Management (CEM)
- Demonstrated ability to teach and develop classes at the graduate level in CEM
- Demonstrated ability to develop lecture and laboratory curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to develop research projects, publications, and/or develop industry contacts
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or other licenses in a closely aligned field
- Industry experience in CEM or a closely related field
- Demonstrated effectiveness with diverse students and faculty by being responsive to the educational equity goals of the university and its increasing ethnic diversity and international character
- Preferable expertise in the CEM discipline (i.e., construction automation, construction information technology, data mining, building information modeling (BIM), green energy, and sustainability)
Conditions of Employment:
The person offered this position is required to pass a background check.
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ . Questions regarding the policy may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A completed application will consist of
- A cover letter that describes the candidate's teaching and research experience and interests, and addresses the duties and qualifications articulated in the position description;
- A Student Success Statement (limit to 2 pages, single-spaced) about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population. Please address at least two of the inclusive excellence criteria listed above;
- A curriculum vitae (CV) comprised of elements specified on the application form, including the names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least five individuals who can speak to the candidate's potential for success in this position;
- An unofficial transcript showing the highest degree earned;
- A statement of teaching philosophy (limit to 2 pages);
- A statement of research (limit to 2 pages);
- A list of courses the candidate is prepared to teach, courses they can teach with some additional preparation, and courses they would like to develop;
- Student evaluations of teaching and/or teaching awards if available.
Finalists for the position will:
- be required to provide official transcripts for highest degree before the on-campus interview;
- be required to provide three letters of reference dated within the last two years;
- be expected to make a presentation of scholarly work and a teaching demonstration to faculty, and interact with students.
Full consideration will be given to applications received by Monday, October 31, 2022. Applications received after that date may be considered until positions are filled. It is anticipated that the appointment will begin in the Fall 2023 semester.
Salary and appointment at the Assistant Professor level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
General questions can be submitted to the following email: email@example.com
Faculty Search Committee
Civil Engineering Department c/o Dr. Jinsung Cho
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 W. Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768
Applications accepted only via PageUp - online application portal - for University hires.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The university seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing. Cal Poly Pomona subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status. The university hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. As required by the Clery Disclosure Act, the university prepares a public annual security report.
Advertised: September 14, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open Until Filled
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/po/en-us/job/519144/civil-engineering-assistant-professor
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About Cal Poly Pomona
Cal Poly Pomona consistently ranks among the best universities in the country when it comes to quality education, affordability and career prospects for graduates. As an inclusive polytechnic university, we cultivate success through experiential learning, discovery and innovation. U.S News noted Cal Poly Pomona was eighth most diverse among regional universities in the West and tenth most diverse in the nation. Nowhere else can students ride an Arabian horse, practice on a Steinway piano, bring a new product to market, and build a liquid-fueled rocket.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 888.491.8833 x 1629 | firstname.lastname@example.org