San Diego, California
LOS ANGELES, California
Mountain View, California
Los Angeles, California
Location: Laguna Hills
Type: Full Time
PJHM is a California based interdisciplinary architecture and research firm specializing in educational and civic projects. PJHM is ranked among the 300 largest architecture firms in the nation. PJHM partners with clients and provides professional services from three offices: Laguna Hills, CA, Los Angeles, CA and Oceanside, CA.
This position is available in the Laguna Hills, CA office. The position is NOT remote.
Pay based on experience.
- Provide support and assistance to Project Managers and Managing Principal Architects of multiple K-12 type projects of varying sizes and complexities
- Complete technical BIM and 2D CAD drawing tasks as directed in a clear and organized manner constant with office standards.
- Receive instruction, guidance and mentorship from Project Managers and the Managing Principal Architects.
- Report regularly and directly to Project Managers and Managing Principal Architects.
- Track and follow-up on communication to team members and consultants as needed.
- General Office Duties as required as related to position.
Qualifications - Skills/Experience
- 3+ years of Construction Document experience, K-12 experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s in Architecture preferred but not required.
- Good knowledge of Revit, 2D CAD drawing, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Bluebeam, SketchUp and relevant Adobe products preferred but not required
- Self-Motivated / Self-Starter.
- Needs to be extremely organized.
- Detailed oriented.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- General computer proficiency with either Windows or Macintosh operating systems.
- A minimum of 40 hours per week required
- Required Office Hours: M-Th: 8 to 5. Fri : 8 to 3.
- High School Diploma with some college required
- Preferred Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant years of work experience and certification may substitute for degree requirement
This job is in an office environment, nearly always working indoors. Remote work set-up during Covid19.
- Stationary Position frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
- Move/Traverse infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
- Carry Weight infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 25 pounds
- Hearing and Speech frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Sight frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
Benefits For Full-Time Employees
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Eligibility
- Clean, Air Conditioned, Friendly Working Environment
- Discretionary Bonus Based on Several Factors
All Applicants are subject to a background screening on a state and federal level. This job posting is subject to change at any time. Nothing in this job post is meant to guarantee an employment offer. This job description neither restricts nor prevents management’s right to assign and/or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time of the essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be subsequently assigned.