Santa Cruz, California
San Diego, California
Los Angeles, California
San Diego, California
La Jolla, California
La Jolla, California
La Jolla, California
Fresno, California, California
Newport Beach, California
La Jolla, California
Silicon Valley, California
San Jose, California
Newport Beach, California
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Internal Number: 3964648
Administrative Assistant, Planned Maintenance
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 50023
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 04-03-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Physical Planning, Development & Operations (PPDO) manages and oversees all University activities and services related to physical and environmental planning, design and construction, engineering, physical plant maintenance and operations, capital planning and space management, and the associated business services necessary to support these functions. The University's main campus is spread across more than 2,000 acres and includes over 500 buildings comprising more than 8 million square feet. The department includes operating budgets of over $48 million, manages a capital project portfolio of approximately $500 million, and employs nearly 300 full time staff to carry forth the duties necessary for the campus' development and operation.
More information can be found here: https://physicalplant.ucsc.edu/
Under the supervision of the Planned Maintenance Manager, the successful respondent provides a high level of critical database administration and database project management support for the Planned Maintenance department. Direct support of internal UC trades departments and outside vendors to develop and implement campus-wide planned maintenance. Quality work and strict attention to detail are a high priority.
Salary Information: Salary Range: $32.11 - $36.70/ hour. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary above the posted range. The salary shown above is the budgeted range the University reasonably expects to pay.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: CX, Clerical & Allied Services
Job Code Classification: ADMIN OFCR 2 CX (004263)
Travel: Never or Rarely
35% - Administrative support
- Acts as an administrative resource for the Planned Maintenance (PM) Department and its operation and function. Provides various routine administrative support functions.
- Resolves scheduling conflicts, gathers and prepares relevant data, briefing materials, reports, correspondence, and other resource items as needed for meetings. Develops yearly PM work schedules for all trade shops.
- Assists with responses to and fields inquiries, complaints, and concerns from various divisions, departments, outside agencies, concerning operational and work issues within the PM department. Works with supervisors, managers, and faculty to resolve problems, as well as provides guidance to the unit manager on action to be taken.
- Assists with the development of procedures, the simplification and streamlining of specified operations and/or responding to a particular unit need/issue. Initiates improvements in the efficiency of workflow. Composes, reviews, edits and proofreads preventive maintenance documents working directly with key stakeholders; designs and develop spreadsheets, and CruzFix and File Maker Pro cost reports for supervisors and managers; organize and maintain daily working files. Provide various data base analytics to PM manager and BU&FS Associate Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
35% - Outside Vendor Support
- Administers outside vendor fire extinguisher maintenance program including schedule and coordinating with vendor, reviews and approves vendor billing, prepares billing spreadsheet for Physical Plant Services Business Office, interfaces issues and changes with Campus Fire Marshal's office and handles customer issues. Projects future budget reports for campus extinguisher program.
- Administers the roof and gutter vendor schedule and tracking report, updates images and maps of campus buildings, reviews and distributes inspection reports, coordinates with vendor, reviews and approves vendor billing.
- Resolves operational issues surrounding the two major vendors used by the PM department; fire extinguishers and roof and gutter clearing.
- Oversees elevator, electrical generator, air compressor, boiler, and cooling tower permitting and tracking process.
- Various other tasks to allow PM Manager to expand PM department roles.
20% - Planning & Analysis
- Provides ad hoc, budgetary and metrics reports and support for sub-units within Building Utility & Fleet Services, as well as assists with planning budgets for other units outside of BU&FS. Uses databases and electronic query tools for the purposes of obtaining accounting information; compiling data, organizing, reviewing, and presenting detailed and summarized financial spreadsheets and reports. Researches and verifies data for accuracy and completeness.
- Administers entry of critical data entry of equipment data records, preventive maintenance inspections into the primary PM databases and other data entry calculations using Excel and Word. Links data to corresponding schedules and reports. Generates reports, generally at the behest of the PM Manager for various entities including but not limited to BU&FS supervisors, managers, and drectors.
- Develop formats for annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly Preventive Maintenance templates. Develop PM's for newly commissioned buildings and equipment. Creates new assets in database from gathered field information. At the direction of the PM Manager, leads internal database projects with the intention of improving reporting, develops new functions, and, but not limited to, major data transitions from one database to another.
10% - General Office Support and Special Projects
- Provides filing and other general office support including daily tasks for student workers. Take meeting minutes and maintain action item lists
- Assists PM Manager with administrative functions and reporting related to campus and UC system initiatives and mandates.
- Occasionally operates a University vehicle for University business both on campus and off.
- Knowledge and skill with the following software: MS Excel, MS Word, Google Apps Suite and the ability to learn Data Base management software.
- Experience with administrative procedures and processes, including workflow efficiency using word processing, spreadsheet and database applications. Customer service skills.
- Numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills characterized by preparing charts, tables, and developing and drafting reports.
- Ability to produce professional correspondence, proposals, and reports in a clear and thorough manner with excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently; to anticipate, determine and initiate appropriate actions to be taken; interpret and apply complex policies and procedures.
- Extensive business writing skills with the ability to correctly apply English grammar, comprehension, and spelling with typing skills sufficient to complete standardized forms and perform data entry and word processing.
- Organizational skills sufficient to prioritize and manage an office operation including filing and recordkeeping.
- Ability to cope with regularly shifting priorities and perform accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral communication and Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all levels of the organization in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Project management skills.
- Experience supervising students.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Must possess a valid license to drive in the state of California.
- Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
- Ability to travel to multiple work locations on and off campus.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency