Los Angeles, California
Silicon Valley, California
El Segundo, California
Santa Ana, California
Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
LOS ANGELES, California
Fresno, California, California
Fresno, California, California
Palo Alto, California, California
Mare Island Naval Shipyard, California, California
Location: Orange, California
Internal Number: 3975885
Chief Nursing Executive, MC - Administration
Updated: Mar 8, 2023
The Chief Nursing Executive reports to the Chief Executive Officer and as a key member of the executive leadership team contributes to the development and implementation of major strategic goals and direction and provides vision for all aspects of patient and quality of care issues. The Chief Nursing Executive is responsible for Nursing and Patient Care Services across the Health System and ensures integration of services as appropriate across UCI Health, and alignment with long-range objectives and strategies. The Chief Nursing Executive has a patient first philosophy, fosters strong partnerships with the medical staff and brings an inclusive, safeguards compliance with internal policies and external regulatory agencies, ensures professional nursing standards are uniform, and maintained across UCI Health.
Areas of responsibility include and represents more than 2,800 FTEs:
- Nursing Professional Practice - Magnet, Nursing Quality, Nursing Education
- Perinatal Services
- Critical Care
- Transplant Services
- Women's and Children's Services
- Nursing Ambulatory Services
- Case Management & Social Work
- Emergency Department
- Surgical Services
- Patient Experience
- Acute Rehabilitation Unit
In addition to the salary range listed below, we offer a wealth of benefits to make working at UCI even more rewarding. These benefits may include medical insurance, sick and vacation time, retirement savings plans, and access to a number of discounts and perks. Please utilize the links listed here to learn more about our:
Compensation practices (https://www.hr.uci.edu/partnership/totalrewards/compensation.php) and
Annual Rate Minimum $274,900.00 Midpoint $446,700.00 Maximum $618,500.00
- Responsible for all patient care practice standards system-wide including in-patient and out-patient care settings, and advanced practice providers.
- Develops and monitors operating and capital budgets within nursing services. Assures financial stewardship for the facility in both operational and capital perspectives. Uses and analytical process to assure balanced initiatives, particularly clinical excellence, and financial performance. Evaluates operations and works with department directors and managers to ensure cost effective service delivery.
- Ensures efficient nursing department operations, providing high quality, safe, appropriate, and cost-effective care delivery to patients. Ensures nursing competency in all areas. Continues to bring innovative ideas to patient care services to improve performance and enhance quality and patient safety. Develops and implements measurements to monitor improvements in patient service operations. Responsible for overseeing and meeting nurse staffing rations, nursing department budget, and patient throughput goals.
- In addition to the CNE role, serves as an Associate Dean of Nursing Education for the University of California, Irvine's College of Nursing, and serves as thought-partner to the dean and participates in nursing faculty meetings at University of California, Irvine's Program in Nursing Science to support strategic initiatives in the Program of Nursing Science that are related to the clinical education and training of UCI's nursing students.
- Proactively manages nursing staff recruitment and retention. Ensures competence related to selection, orientation, training, continued education, and development of patient care staff.
- As the Associate Dean of Nursing Education, collaborates with key School of Nursing leaders to establish innovative relationship and partnerships with the University of California, Irvine Nursing Program and other educational institutions to ensure a steady supply of fresh graduate recruits and a vehicle for nurses seeking to enhance their education and training.
- Provides leadership within the patient care services area throughout the medical center, to ensure patient care which is consistent with the mission and vision of University of California, Irvine Medical Center.
- Serves as the leader of Shared Governance throughout University of California, Irvine Medical Center and ensures the application of ANCC Magnet principles throughout the organization. Responsible for maintaining Magnet certification at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center. UCI is currently undergoing review for its fifth Magnet designation.
- Leads Surgical Services division in collaboration with physician and administrative dyad, including oversight of all surgery sites of services, and ambulatory surgery center joint venture (s).
- Leads the Pharmacy Services division with direct oversight of Director/Chief Pharmacy Officer.
- Provides direct oversight of all nursing practice across the UCI Health System, including ambulatory, procedural, and all inpatient nursing.
- Provides direct oversight of the Case Management and Social Work department.
- Supports new strategic initiatives and new clinical program development. Oversees all nursing research and development of improvements in clinical practice. Develops evidence based protocols for delivery of patient care service.
- Leads all aspects of patient engagement and patient experience as UCI Health strives for top decile performance as measured through HCHAPS.
- Participate in the expansion of the medical enterprise with the development and launch of new a new medical complex adjacent to the main UCI campus in the heart of Irvine. The proposed project includes a 144 licensed acute care beds and 20-bed emergency department, a multispecialty ambulatory care center including outpatient surgery, and clinic space with special emphasis on oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and spine services. The first building will open in early 2024.
- Assist in the ongoing mentorship of the existing nursing leadership team and develop the team to allow members to reach their full potential. Foster diversity within the organization, maintaining and enhancing a culture that is receptive to and seeks out new ideas.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL FUNCTIONS:
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Responsible for the achievements and success of UC Irvine Health. Follows through and meets commitments; accountable for own actions and supportive of colleagues; presents self in appearance and actions in a manner that conveys professionalism and pride in area of responsibility; projects a positive presence and ensures that work related or personal frustrations are kept separate from patient care and professional activities; takes responsibility for problems and solutions; follows existing policies and procedures.
- EXCELLENCE: Committed to achieving the highest level of excellence in patient care, discovery and education. Demonstrates pride; practices humility; embraces greatness; encourages and praises others for work well done; learns to grow developing self and others personally and professionally is accurate and strives for excellence; creates a positive and productive work climate.
- INNOVATION: Seeks ideas and approaches that can change the way the world discovers, teaches and heals. Approaches work creatively and continuously looks for new and flexible ways to solve problems; encourages and implements ideas to improve safety, customer service and operational performance; works to create efficient and effective systems so that time is not spent repeating and fixing problems; initiates and supports change.
- INTEGRITY: Tells the truth and strives to ear the trust of those around us. Takes pride in their work, being honest and accountable in their words and actions; meets or exceed department defined service expectations; makes the right decision in the best interest of UC Irvine Health.
- RESPECT: Foster an environment of mutual respect and trust among ourselves and with all whom we serve. Is always compassionate and empathetic for both patients and team members; makes eye contact; smiles and or greets every individual using the individual's name, if known; treats all guests and co-workers with the utmost respect, dignity, courtesy and respects their confidentiality; arrives to meetings on time; keeps personal conversations with other employees offstage, out of earshot of patients and visitors.
- SERVICE: Collaborates to effectively and compassionately serve our patients, each other and community. Anticipates customer's needs; maintains a calm, quiet, healing environment; accepts assignments graciously and carries out duties with pride; recognizes that every individual has an area of expertise and his/her contribution is valuable; keeps patients, families, customers and team members informed about time, thanks the person for waiting, and apologizes for delays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong clinical knowledge leadership expertise gained through experience as a CNE or Nurse leader with 10 years as a RN and 5 years as a CNO or VP of Nursing.
- Excellent financial skills including budget, forecasting, strategic fiscal planning, and the use of decision support systems to guide operating decisions is required.
- Progressive clinical leadership experience in a hospital management and strategic planning, preferably in an academic medical center or large complex care delivery organization
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California or the ability to obtain license within six month
- Master's Degree in Business, Nursing, Health Care Administration or a related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Expertise in all aspects of assigned functions, as well as development and management of operational and capital budgets
- Comprehensive and thorough understanding of all elements of health care delivery, including strategy, business planning, operations and financial conditions
- Change management skills to transition the organization from a current state to a future state with the least amount of resistance; expertise in evaluating the organization issues, initiating actions to make change, planning change with stakeholder buy-in and executing the plan while being flexible to the changing landscape
- Collaborative leadership skills to function in a highly complex and matrixed organizational environment, demonstrates expert skill in building collaborative relationships, developing strategies and engaging in constructive problem-solving
- Relationship building- skills to develop outstanding relationships at all levels of the organization in an environment that is managed through influence and relationships
- Sets high standards of behavior, performance, quality, credibility, and integrity; exhibits judgment and business acumen necessary to raise performance to levels that would not otherwise be achieved
- Demonstrated understanding of the roles of teaching, research and patient care in the academic medical center and active participation in improvements relevant to each mission
- Ability to comply with all nurse practice and medical center policies and procedures for infection control, safety, administrative and clinical practice. Ability to comply with activities mandated by The Joint Commission/Title 22, CLIA, etc.
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCI Health locations
- PhD or DNP is preferred
- Served in an ANCC Magnet organization and understands the designation requirements, and has experience with multiple designations.
- Prior experience in a unionized environment preferred.
- Direct experience with Lean management and/or an understanding of the Principles of Lean process improvement
- Experience working on large scale hospital design and the startup of a new hospital.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
To apply, visit https://careersucirvine.ttcportals.com/jobs/12245495-chief-nursing-executive-mc-administration
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-a586e4952925b94fb1d6350cdcbc64bc