Job Seekers, Welcome to CBIA Career Center
Active Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)
Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 6 JobsCreate Alert
Loading... Please wait.
The Claremont Colleges Services
Loading... Please wait.
Location: Pasadena, California
Internal Number: 3997387
Exempt Overtime Eligible: Overtime Eligible
Benefits Eligible: Benefit Based
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
As a Journeyperson level contributor in carpentry and cabinet making, the employee under general supervision will apply journeyperson level skills in providing building maintenance, laboratory installations and rehabilitation projects. This person will also apply cabinet making skills to the layout, fabrication, and installation of new and rehabilitation projects.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for following all safety procedures and maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
- Under general supervision, works on semi-routine assignments where judgement is required.
- Assists periodically in orientation and training of support personnel.
- Performs layout of cabinetry and fixtures using blueprints or oral direction.
- Constructs cabinetry or fixtures at journeyperson level.
- Does rough and finish carpentry, framing with wood and metal studs, roof repairing, tile flooring repairing and ceiling tile repairing.
- Installs projects in a campus environment.
- Remodels and rehabilitates existing cabinet installations.
- Applies advanced knowledge of specialized hand and power tools and special equipment of carpentry and cabinet making trades.
- Conducts oneself in a manner that will always maintain courteous, cooperative, and professional relationships among all members of the community.
- Work closely with all shop personnel and other Facilities Shops.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Candidate with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of apprenticeship or equivalent training, one year or more of journeyperson level experience and five or more year's total experience in cabinet and/or carpentry trades.
- Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a valid California driver's license throughout the course of employment.
- Must be in good health with the physical strength and agility to lift up to 100 pounds of tools, materials, tables, chairs, and ladders on a regular basis.
- Must be able to bend in all directions, climb stairs and ladders, squeeze with arms and hands, operate machinery-using hands and work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment background investigation and post-offer physical examination to be hired for this position.
- Required to read blueprints and layout jobs.
- Proficiency with automated work order system and timekeeping.
- Light sheet metal work.
- Acrylic plastic work.
- 5 years of work experience in a university or facilities setting is a plus.
- CNC machining certification
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://hr.caltech.edu/work/job_openings
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
The California Institute of Technology (Caltech) is a world-renowned science and engineering research and education institution, where extraordinary faculty and students seek answers to complex questions, discover new knowledge, lead innovation, and transform our future.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 888.491.8833 x 1629 | email@example.com