Job Seekers, Welcome to CBIA Career Center
Active Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)
Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 1 JobsCreate Alert
Loading... Please wait.
Loading... Please wait.
Location: Seaside, California
Internal Number: 4084101
Job no: 526817
Work type: Staff
Location: Monterey Bay
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Trades, On-site (work in-person at business location)
Classification: Storekeeper I
Hours: Full-time / 40 hours per week
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,425 - $3,996
CSU Salary Schedule
*CSUMB provides pay scales representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for this position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, and CSU systemwide pay for comparable jobs.
Priority Screening Date: Extended to May 22, 2023
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives with a focus on student success and engagement through experiential learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. With a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI).
The university's Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university's faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
Under the general supervision of the Logistical Services Manager, the Storekeeper is responsible for ordering, receipt, storage, issuance and tracking of a volume of varied supplies requiring moderately complex storage practices of the supply room (central stores). This function serves and supports the Facilities Management Department (FMD)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the functions of central stores in receiving, checking, storing, pick-up and delivery, and shipping of hardware, mechanical, safety equipment and other supplies in support of the Facilities Management Department.
- Maintains stock room operations through the use of an automated inventory system including spare parts inventory management, parts reservations for maintenance and construction projects, parts issue against work orders, automatic reordering, special order requests, receiving and parts usage and cost history. Initiates requisitions to replenish stock and orders supplies and equipment as needed. Controls and monitors the issuance of releases for blanket purchase orders and credit card orders.
- Orders necessary parts and supplies based upon stocking policy and order requests; checks incoming supplies and parts to determine damage and the correctness of quantity and quality for compliance with specifications; keeps inventory records and maintains sufficient supplies to fill anticipated needs; makes daily entries of goods received and reports the issuance of outgoing items; fills orders and requisitions; creates and assigns stock numbers for incoming supplies; periodically checks purchase orders against receipt of goods.Clean, maintain and service tools and equipment used in the performance of duties; perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures; maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Responsible for the orderly warehousing of parts and supplies; investigates complaints regarding the quality and quantity of goods received; and takes proper care of supplies, equipment and stock on hand. Responsible for the check out and check in of specialized equipment and tools.
- Researches and provides data to determine recommendations for the most cost-efficient service to the University by contracted vendors; researches and maintains an extensive vendor contact and updated vendor file. Pick-up of parts and supplies as needed. Performs data entry functions as necessary to update computerized inventory system. Assists with physical count of inventory. Maintains records regarding equipment repairs, including pick-up dates, repair estimates, and return delivery dates.
- Establishes and maintains operational procedures that reduce loss, damage, pilferage and unnecessary buying of materials and tools used by FMD.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: Storekeeping methods and practices including packing and shipping a wide variety of commodities.
Ability: to keep receiving, shipping and inventory records; rapidly learn and apply CSU procurement practices, procedures and materials specifications; plan and lead the work of others; forecast supply needs of routine items; prepare simple reports; read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position; make mathematical calculations; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with suppliers, CSU and others.
Two years of experience in a storeroom or warehouse in the performance of work involving the receipt, storage, and issuance of a variety of supplies, material, and equipment.
Prospective applicants who have not had the experience listed may be considered eligible based on other evidence of meeting the above minimum qualifications.
Demonstrated ability to address the essential functions associated with this position including the knowledge and abilities identified above. Possess demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of establishing and maintaining a stock level control procedure, such as minimum/maximum quantities; reorder points, volume turnover, and storage justifications.
Knowledge of California State University policies and procedures is preferred. Familiarity with buying procedures in locating sources for particular items. General knowledge of a computerized material handling system. Experience working with an automated inventory management system. Highly desirable: Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the CSUMB Vision Statement and the core values of mutual respect, collaboration and service orientation, multiculturalism and diversity, community service and institutional excellence. Experience working with a diverse and multicultural population and performing community services; demonstrated technical literacy.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with responsibility or access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access; and responsibility for operating commercial vehicles, machinery or equipment that could pose environmental hazards or cause injury, illness, or death.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
Works in a shared office located in a one-story warehouse building with other related units. May be required to travel across campus to other buildings, as well as errands off campus to various merchants. Frequent reaching, stretching and climbing and use of climbing devices. Works inside and outside in areas that contain dust slippery or uneven walking surfaces; works on ladders.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. While on campus, students, faculty, staff, and the community will be expected to follow all campus safety mandates.
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy, all students and employees are required to submit their vaccination status to the Otter Vaccination Registry and are encouraged to be vaccinated.
Position requires full range of motion to perform strenuous manual labor, including but not limited to, lifting and moving moderate sized equipment up to 50 pounds (moving up to 100 pounds is required rarely). This position also requires sitting, standing, bending, climbing, reaching, pushing, pulling, applying force, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 15 paid holidays a year. For more information, visit CSU System Benefits. Additionally, as a perk, the University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Schoonover Employee Housing for more information.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at Careers at CSUMB. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Human Resources at (831) 582-3389 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, visit https://careers.csumb.edu/en-us/job/526817/storekeeper
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About California State University, Monterey Bay
California State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB), is a comprehensive public university committed to serving the diverse people of California, especially the working class, historically under-served, and low income populations. The university values an educational environment of cultural and linguistic diversity and gender equity; ethical reflection and practice; effective and experimental use of technologies as resources to people and catalysts for learning; and the integration of cross-disciplinary models enabling students, faculty and staff to engage in innovative instruction and coordinated service learning. The curriculum is organized around student learning outcomes. It is global in perspective, and of sufficient breadth and depth to meet local, regional, and statewide needs, specifically those of both isolated rural communities and inner-city populations. The identity of the University is framed by substantive commitment to a multilingual, multicultural, intellectual community which enables students, faculty and staff to cross institutional boundaries for innovative instruction, broadly defined scholarly and creative activity, and coordinated community service. The campus is located on Monterey Bay, 100 miles south of San Francisco.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 888.491.8833 x 1629 | email@example.com