Job Seekers, Welcome to CBIA Career Center
Active Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)
Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 2 JobsCreate Alert
Loading... Please wait.
Loading... Please wait.
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Internal Number: 4133024
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 52561
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 05-09-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Physical Planning, Development & Operations (PPDO) manages and oversees all University activities and services related to physical and environmental planning, design and construction, engineering, physical plant maintenance and operations, capital planning and space management, and the associated business services necessary to support these functions. The University's main campus is spread across more than 2,000 acres and includes over 500 buildings comprising more than 8 million square feet. The department includes operating budgets of over $48 million, manages a capital project portfolio of approximately $500 million, and employs nearly 300 full time staff to carry forth the duties necessary for the campus' development and operation.
More information can be found at https://physicalplant.ucsc.edu/
Under the supervision of the Paint Shop Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of painting maintenance tasks on buildings, facilities, equipment, woodwork, fixtures, and road surfaces.
Budgeted Salary: $41.46/hour.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation rate for this role and should not offer a salary above the posted rate. The salary shown above is the rate the University reasonably expects to pay.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: K7 Union
Job Code Classification: 008106 (PAINTER)
Travel: Up to 25% of the time
75% - Painting
- Performs general maintenance painting on buildings, facilities, equipment, and fixtures. Prepares surfaces for painting by patching, sanding, sealing stains and graffiti, masking, and covering floors, equipment, and furniture. Using universal colorants, color matches coatings to match existing colors. Installs joint tape and textures wallboard by hand (skip-trowel) and with texture spray rig. Applies coatings to wallboard, wood, metal, concrete, plaster, and stucco with the use of equipment related to the trade including conventional spray guns, airless sprayers, rollers, and brushes. Erect and/or properly utilize boom lifts, scaffolding, ladders, and safety equipment related to the trade. Instruction for tasks may be issued by oral and/or written instructions, reading of architectural drawings and/or drafting sketches.
15% - Preparation
- Prepare wood and metal surfaces for finishing. Handle and choose proper materials including lacquers, enamels, epoxy, etc. Strip old finishes using chemical remover and solvents to prepare furniture for refinishing. Use airless and conventional spray systems to coat cabinets, tables, chairs, shelves, etc. Using universal colorants, match stains, and putty colors to furniture wood grain color or coating color. Sand, touch up, hand rub, and polish furniture.
5% - Maintenance
- Maintains painting equipment such as airless pumps, pressure pots, texture rigs, compressors, spray guns (conventional and airless), brushes, ladders, scaffolding, mechanical lifts, and other related equipment.
5% - Training
- Attend various training classes and seminars when offered. Interacts effectively with the campus community by providing information about painting methods and schedules. Makes coating and scheduling recommendations to the supervisor and/or lead painter. Provides estimates by utilizing oral and/or written instructions, reading architectural drawings and/or drafting sketches, and by performing basic mathematical computations.
- Work involves driving a University vehicle to various locations on and off the campus.
- Performs safety inspections and routine maintenance on tools and equipment used. Attends safety and training classes and performs job-related tasks in a safe manner. Follows all product and University-specific safety procedures when using tools and equipment. Writes and maintains a weekly timesheet. Effectively employs good interpersonal skills when interacting with members of the campus community. Helps Physical Plant mechanics and supervisor maintain an inventory of shop materials, supplies, and tools by informing them of specific needs.
- Excellent knowledge and experience equivalent to completion of apprenticeship as a painter.
- Good knowledge of the basic use, mechanics and maintenance of painting equipment, compressors, airless pumps, pressure pots, airless and conventional spray systems, etc.
- Ability to read and write, to perform basic mathematical calculations, and read architectural drawings, plans, and sketches.
- Ability to perform a variety of painting maintenance tasks on buildings, facilities, equipment, furniture and fixtures.
- Ability to install, tape and texture sheetrock.
- Ability to match paint, stains and putty colors to samples, furniture, floors, walls, doors, etc.
- Ability to work from detailed schedules, organized preventative maintenance programs and work repair orders.
- Ability to take initiative, organize, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to accommodate changing priorities and complete tasks despite intermittent interruptions.
- Ability to be part of a team and foster teamwork by maintaining a cooperative atmosphere and effective working relationships with a diverse population from various cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to learn Enterprise Asset Management System Software (FAMIS) work order tracking program, UCSC electronic purchasing tools.
- Experience working within federal, state and local building codes.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Must possess a valid license to drive in the state of California.
- Ability to perform essential physical job functions.
- Ability to do occasional work in confined spaces such as attics and trenches while bending, stooping and/or kneeling with the possibility of being exposed to live electrical circuits and machinery.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders with or without accommodation.
- Ability to safely perform the physical requirements necessary to move light to moderate objects up to 60 lbs., with or without accommodation.
- Ability to respond to emergencies after hours as necessary.
- Ability to work overtime including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays to meet operational needs, and work an alternate work schedule shift as required.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
- Ability to travel within a defined regional or service area.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About University of California Santa Cruz
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the intimacy of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 888.491.8833 x 1629 | email@example.com