Los Angeles, California
Costa Mesa, California
Santa Cruz, California
Newport Beach, California
Los Angeles, California
Redwood City, California
Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1225364
Join the Cedars-Sinai Centralized Credentialing Services Office as a Credentialing Coordinator II Per Diem!
When the work we do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai. It's just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Cedars-Sinai offers an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries. Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Under the Credentialing Logistics and Information Manager's direction, the Credentials Coordinator II (Verification) works cooperatively with the Credentials Coordinator I and Credentials Analysts to ensure the seamless and timely flow of credentialing-related information to meet appointment and reappointment deadlines and qualitative requirements. Incumbents participate in the credentialing functions' effective day-to-day operations and provide recommendations to enhance productivity to meet targeted service levels, turnaround times, and satisfaction/quality levels. Incumbents also assist in the research and analysis of credentials files to complete SBARs for senior management and leadership for the Credentials Analysts. The Credentials Coordinator II will also maintain the provider database's integrity for accurate display of information and accurate reports regarding credentialed providers and provide input for process design and other implementation activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains constructive communication with Intake Coordinator and provides feedback, coaching, education and requests for rework or additional information regarding work products that do not conform with established organizational requirements for being deemed a complete application.
- Obtains verifications from authorized sources in conformance with established procedures. Follows standard operating procedures to ensure that the proper process has been followed when obtaining a verification.
- Responds to practitioner issues and concerns and advises Credentials Analyst of alternatives in attempting to meet and resolve them.
- Data entry, scanning or import of verification data in conformance with established expectations for format and entry of data into software (MSOW)
- Adheres to scope, timeliness and sequence of processing in accordance with departmental standards, which are imbedded in the Morrisey work processes, jobs and tasks set-up, as well as Medical Staff Bylaws and related policies.
- Evaluate responses for identification of potentially adverse information. Application of established flagging criteria to verification responses for consideration in subsequent processing phases.
- Worklists files that deemed to meet required specifications for a complete file or an exhausted effort to Credentials Analysts (Quality Control). Performs additional work on or rework on files referred from Credentials Analyst.
- Monitors currency of credentials in conformance with established procedures including notifications to practitioner or other departments regarding delinquency and automatic suspension. Monitors disciplinary actions.
- Performs other duties as needed, to ensure that material is processed timely and accurately.
- Takes direction from and collaborates with the Credentials Analyst (Quality Control) to assist in resolution and escalation of issues.
High School Diploma/GED required. Associate's Degree/College Diploma or Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Certification or eligibility for Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Medical Staff Coordinator (CMSC) or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) is highly preferred within two years of initial hire date.
Experience and Skills:
- Three (3) years minimum related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in credentialing/privileging or health related field and use of medical terminology and clinical nomenclature.
- Ability to edit material and ensure correct punctuation, spelling and grammar. Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Proven track record in an environment that requires accurate and consistent management of detailed data elements and management of discrete tasks to meet specified deadlines.
- Proficiency in software applications to include use of menu driven, wordprocessing and spreadsheet applications. Extensive experience in Microsoft Word. Ability to word process at a minimum of 60 WPM.
- Maintains knowledge in Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Delineation of Privileges, TJC, IMQ, and Title 22 standards as they relate to the Medical Staff Appointment and Reappointment processes. Maintains a state of readiness for licensing and accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions, and underlying management structure of the department and of the larger Health System in organizing and prioritizing work, establishing procedures and systems, and ensuring the orderly and timely flow of business.
- Routine office environment with prolonged sitting, telephone use, typing, and keyboarding.
- Close contact with CRT for prolonged periods.
- Able to travel to various locations on campus to meet with other personnel as needed.
- Able to maneuver in tight spaces, to bend, reach and stoop.
Working Title: Credentialing Coordinator II (Verification) Per Diem - Centralized Credentialing Services
Department: Centralized Credentialing Serv
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Compliance/Quality
Job Specialty: Credentialing & Licensure
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$35.50 - $36.49