Job Seekers, Welcome to CBIA Career Center
Active Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)
Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 70 JobsCreate Alert
Loading... Please wait.
California Institute of Technology
The Claremont Colleges Services
Cushman Wakefield Multifamily
San Jose, California
Cal Poly Pomona
Salk Institute for Biological Studies
La Jolla, California
City of Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa, California
University of California Davis
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Fresno, California, California
Riverside Community College District
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Mare Island Naval Shipyard, California, California
University of California Davis
University of California, Berkeley
Loading... Please wait.
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Internal Number: 4151725
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 52857
Please apply to both the Automotive Technician (52857) and the Heavy Duty Fleet Mechanic (52854) job openings. The department will review all applicants for both positions.
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 05-29-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Physical Planning, Development & Operations (PPDO) manages and oversees all University activities and services related to physical and environmental planning, design and construction, engineering, physical plant maintenance and operations, capital planning and space management, and the associated business services necessary to support these functions. The University's main campus is spread across more than 2,000 acres and includes over 500 buildings comprising more than 8 million square feet. The department includes operating budgets of over $48 million, manages a capital project portfolio of approximately $500 million, and employs nearly 300 full time staff to carry forth the duties necessary for the campus' development and operation.
More information can be found here: https://fleets.ucsc.edu/ or https://physicalplant.ucsc.edu/
Under the supervision of the Garage Manager, the incumbent performs operational-level vehicular and equipment repair duties, including but not limited to maintenance and repairs on hybrid and electric vehicles, standby & emergency generators up to 150kw, compressors, trailers, tractors, mowers, ATVs and all medium to light-duty vehicles under 14,500lbs GVWR.
Incumbent adjusts, services, replaces and/or repairs all vehicular components. Systems and sub-systems maintained and repaired include but are not limited to the following: engine, transmission, ignition, fuel delivery, charging and starting, exhaust, electrical, drive-train, braking systems (both hydraulic and ABS systems), air comfort, steering, suspension, and hydraulic systems. Operates and maintains shop equipment. Performs fabrication and welding duties as required.
Budgeted Salary: $28.53 - $37.09/hourly. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary above the posted range. The salary shown above is the budgeted range the University reasonably expects to pay.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: SX Union
Job Code Classification: 008473 (AUTO TCHN)
Travel: Up to 25% of the time
60% - Repair / Maintenance
- Perform or assist in the repair and maintenance of light-duty (<14,500lbs GVWR) vehicles, and mechanical equipment, including but not limited to engine repairs and tune-ups; perform brake work, inspection and repair of drive train systems, fuel delivery, and emission control systems to include fuel systems such as propane, electric, ethanol, compressed natural gas, diesel, and hybrid systems. Replace or repair transmissions and differentials. Remove and replace wheels and tires. Troubleshoot electric systems. Document maintenance and repairs, including parts usage and repair recommendations, in automotive data management software provided by the University.
20% - Diagnostic
- Inspect light-duty and automotive equipment to determine necessary corrective action, perform derivative diagnostic of computer-controlled engines and communicate findings to supervisor for review.
20% - Equipment Operation
- Operate and maintain automotive shop equipment including but not limited to; engine analyzers, battery chargers, emissions analyzers, brake lathes, grinders, tire machines, scan tools, automotive hoists; perform welding and fabrication duties as required.
- Journeyman level experience in light-duty and automotive repair.
- Experience in the maintenance and use of precision tools and shop equipment in repair of automotive equipment, including automotive hoists.
- Experience and / or skills in safely using hand or power tools and equipment such as hydraulic lifts, impact wrenches, drills, etc.
- Knowledge of the proper use of various inspection and diagnostic equipment.
- Experience in handling, storage and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Experience with computerized work order systems: billing parts on work orders, typing customer notes, tracking time worked.
- Ability to perform welding and fabrication of automotive equipment.
- Ability to read, write, follow oral and written instructions and demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to identify / correct hazardous problems and use judgment as to when to report problems/safety hazards.
- Ability to accommodate changing priorities and complete tasks despite intermittent interruptions.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Must possess a valid license to drive in the state of California.
- Ability to safely perform the physical requirements necessary to move light to moderate objects up to 60 lbs., with or without accommodation.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About University of California Santa Cruz
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the intimacy of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 888.491.8833 x 1629 | firstname.lastname@example.org