San Jose , California
Redwood City, California
National City, California
San Mateo, California
San Francisco, California
Location: Anaheim, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: DOE starting at $50,000
The Teacher’s job is to assure that all students learn the basic and essential skills at each grade level. We are looking for Kinder - 1st - 4th - 5th grade teachers. At Fairmont we teach a grade level above for English and Math. All upper elementary teachers must be comfortable teaching higher level math.
- Plans and implements daily, weekly, and yearly goals and objectives according to students’ needs and within Fairmont’s overall curriculum guidelines.
- Plans for, writes, and implements weekly lesson plans to assure adherence to and completion of Fairmont’s curriculum and to facilitate classroom continuity in his/her absence. Head of School and Associate Head of School must have access to the lesson plans.
- Assures that lesson plans include varied styles of teaching methods and stimulating feedback mechanisms, enrichment work, provision for remediation, visual and auditory aids.
- Utilizes Fairmont adopted Learning Management System (LMS) to post homework/assignments and communicate with students and parents.
- Facilitates and inspires student learning in and through the use of technology by designing learning opportunities that incorporate age-appropriate technology skills, using technology to assist with teaching and learning, modeling the effective use of technology.
- Seeks out and implements changes in scheduling and planning that will enhance individual learning, facilitate transition times, and ensures on-task behavior.
- Designs evaluation tools and tests children on a routine basis, keeps records and maintains such for progress reports, report cards and conferences. The online gradebook is updated weekly so parents and students can access up-to-date student records via Blackbaud (starting in grade 2).
- Analyzes and utilizes pre and post test information for lesson planning and overall input into the curriculum and to accommodate both group and individual differences.
- Organizes and maintains a safe, disciplined, yet stimulating academic classroom environment.
- Maintains disciplined classroom; assures that all the children are aware of rules and their consequences; and further assures consistency in applying the rules
- Maintains ongoing positive communications with parents professionally and in a timely manner.
- Supervises, when schedule requires, recess duty and after school behavioral detention and/or study hall.
- Attends and constructively participates in staff meetings & professional development and shows evidence of follow through in classroom application.
Bachelor Degree required, completion of the CBEST, and a Teaching Credential preferred. Minimum of two years teaching experience in the classroom preferred. Must be able to relate professionally with students, parents, and staff.
Embrace the Fairmont Code and Fairmont’s 6 Teaching Standards:
At Fairmont, we provide a safe environment where all members of our community show respect and kindness to one another and protect and honor each other's rights, dignity, and individual differences.
Standard 1: Display subject matter and pedagogical expertise
Standard 2: Show care and respect for all students
Standard 3: Support the Fairmont organization
Standard 4: Grow and develop as a member of a learning community
Standard 5: Communicate effectively
Standard 6: Demonstrate a strong commitment to student learning and growth