Costa Mesa, California
Santa Cruz, California
Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
San Jose, California
Rancho Cordova, California
Rancho Cordova, California
Santa Rosa, California
Location: Oakland, California
Type: Full Time
Supervise the planning, coordination and implementation of construction and transportation projects. Manage construction workeragement team. The types of projects vary, ranging from constructing bridges to the development of roads and highways, utility, and technology systems. Resident Engineers are critical for VSCE as they ensure the projects adhere to all plans, specifications and regulations and that safety measures are appropriately taken.
· Work as lead Construction Workeragement resource to coordinate and oversee the development and construction of transportation projects.
· Work collaborative with multiple stakeholders such as contractors on concurrent contracts, etc. and apply appropriate communication techniques to achieve project objectives.
· Drive resolution and oversight of design issues, daily reports, change orders, preventing or negotiating claims, and preparation of monthly progress estimates.
· Effectively supervise field inspectors, office engineers, materials testing, surveying subcontractors to VSCE, Inc. Coordinate utility relocations and building inspections. Process and track submittal reviews with design team and owner. Prepare and coordinate surveying requests, contract, construction documentation, progress meetings, quantity estimates, change orders, and avoidance/resolution of claims in accordance with client manuals.
· Collaborate with public figures or personally address media as allowed by contract specifications to inspire community support and promote a safe work environment.
· Develop, prepare and present reports, proposals, memos and community outreach documentation.
· Monitor VSCE and construction project budgets.
· Perform other duties as needed
The Day-to-Day Behaviors of the Role
· Have genuine care about people; always available and ready to help.
· Problem-solver — you identify the issue, engage others in collaborative solutions, handle issues promptly and appropriately.
· You take pride in meeting goals, expectations and reaching excellence and accuracy at work.
· You can be counted on to hold things together during tough times.
· You have a history of making good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
· You are always willing to assist in other areas as needed.
What We Offer:
· An environment that values your work, volunteerism, and relevant professional organizations engagement
· A team that invests in your development and your community commitments
· Opportunity to shape the future of construction workeragement
· A strong commitment to wellness
VSCE is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, women, and LGBTQ applicants to apply.
We participate in E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $145,000.00 - $177,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Engineer In Training (Required)
Work Location: In person
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Structural Engineering from an ABET College (desirable) or Construction Workeragement
· A minimum of 10 years of construction project experience leading standalone construction workeragement teams on medium and large-scale infrastructure projects.
· Construction experience with roads, bridges, transit lines (bus or rail) airports, or major existing operating commercial buildings. Caltrans experience desired.
· Previous experience with public utilities construction workeruals, Caltrans’ Construction Workerual a plus.
· Licensed as a professional engineer required.
· Must be proactive, organized, and work in a fast-paced environment
· Always curious and always learning
Technical Tools Used in the Project:
· Microsoft Office, Prolog (basic), Wong CMS, MS. Office Suite, MS Project, Bluebeam, Timberline and Primavera Schedule Software (desirable)