Santa Cruz, California
Newport Beach, California
Santa Ana, California
Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
LOS ANGELES, California
Mare Island Naval Shipyard, California, California
Fresno, California, California
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Internal Number: 4181568
Senior Custodial Supervisor (Swing Shift)
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 53230
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 05-24-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Physical Planning, Development & Operations (PPDO) manages and oversees all University activities and services related to physical and environmental planning, design and construction, engineering, physical plant maintenance and operations, capital planning and space management, and the associated business services necessary to support these functions. The University's main campus is spread across more than 2,000 acres and includes over 500 buildings comprising more than 8 million square feet. The department includes operating budgets of over $48 million, manages a capital project portfolio of approximately $500 million, and employs nearly 300 full-time staff to carry forth the duties necessary for the campus' development and operation.
The Custodial Services Department falls within the Physical Plant Department under the Physical Planning Design and Operations (PPDO) Directorate. The department services the University's environmental cleanliness needs by providing an educational environment that is safe, clean, efficient, aesthetically pleasing, and consistent with cleanliness standards at a higher education facility.
More information can be found here: https://physicalplant.ucsc.edu/
The Senior Custodial Supervisor receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to a moderate level of control and review. The incumbent instructs direct reports to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies, and within established deadlines. Supervisory duties require full knowledge of the position's area of functional responsibility.
Budgeted Salary: $59,750 - $71,481 / Annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary above the posted range. The salary shown above is the budgeted range the University reasonably expects to pay.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Swing Shift
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: 005187 (CUSTODIAL SUPV 1)
Travel: Up to 25% of the time
50% - Supervision and Training
- Supervises the daily activities of custodial employees, which could include Senior Custodians, Lead Custodians, and other title codes as necessary.
- Plans, organizes, and directs routine custodial operations.
- Trains and supervises the custodial staff to maintain an orderly, safe, and efficient cleaning operation and the care and use of power equipment.
- Enforces safety, hazardous materials, and custodial policies and procedures are adhered to by the custodial staff.
- Enforces proper handling and mixture of chemicals.
- Responsible for performance management.
40% - Administrative Duties
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports, logs, spreadsheets, and other documents
- Reads and responds to e-mails, answers phone calls, and follows up with customers.
- Attends/facilitates trainings and meetings, and serves on committees as needed.
10% - Inventory
- Maintains proper inventory needs and purchases inventory.
- Working knowledge in custodial and housekeeping services.
- Verbal and written communication skills in the English language, active listening, flexibility, critical thinking, multi-tasking, and time management.
- Working knowledge of and ability for decision making, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, and perform operations analysis, and quality control analysis.
- Working knowledge and skill in effective interpersonal and work leadership skills to provide guidance to other personnel.
- Basic computer application skills.
- Ability to implement a customer service approach, with a commitment to high ethical standards.
- Ability to take initiative, organize, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those within PPDO and other individuals within the University as necessary to successfully conduct assigned tasks and work.
- Ability to accommodate changing priorities and complete tasks despite intermittent interruptions.
- Ability to be part of a team and foster teamwork by maintaining a cooperative atmosphere and effective working relationships with a diverse population from various cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to perform work area inspections and rate the work of the custodian in a fair and professional form.
- Bloodborne pathogens and sharps disposal training.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification preferred.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Must possess a valid license to drive in the state of California.
- Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
- Must have the ability to: operate a vacuum, floor scrubber, and polisher; use cleaning chemical compounds; perform essential custodial duties including dumping bags into dumpster or moving equipment and materials with or without accommodations.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as directed.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
- Ability to travel within a defined regional or service area.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency