Costa Mesa, California
Santa Cruz, California
Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
San Jose, California
Rancho Cordova, California
Rancho Cordova, California
Santa Rosa, California
Location: Ventura, California
Type: Full Time
Description:You'll Come for a Job…But You'll Stay for an Exciting Career!Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive, Solutions.
SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
JOIN CANNON as a RESIDENT ENGINEER in VENTURA, CALIFORNIA. Ventura is south of Santa Barbara, with a backdrop of the Los Padres National Forest foothills and the scenic Pacific Ocean. It has many miles of beaches and recreational parks, and the Mediterranean climate offers many year-round recreational and cultural opportunities.
A Resident Engineer independently performs comprehensive construction management and contract administration on a variety of complex public works construction projects. Represents Cannon before public agencies, consultants, and contractors. Supports all activities associated with construction management, contract administration, contract planning and execution, contractors scheduling review and analysis, change order management, interaction with utility companies, coordination of materials and soils testing, coordination of special inspections, and oversight with field inspection and observation functions as required. Performs inspections, manages staff inspectors, and coordinates services between departments. As a Resident Engineer you may do business development tasks from time to time and establish new contacts and maintain existing clients.
- Performs construction management of public works projects such as roadway construction, new roads, overlay, widening, earthwork, drainage, pipelines, water-wastewater facilities, municipal and transportation structures, and signalized intersections, and electrical.
- A Resident Engineer, negotiates, organizes, and maintains thorough and up-to-date project records and claims documentation.
- Assists with business development, proposals, and presentations.
- Uses technical knowledge to furnish comprehensive constructability analysis and review of construction documents.
- Supports the creation of decisions and recommendations that can improve corporate relationship with client and profitability of managed projects.
- Develops and implements construction management plans for complex civil projects.
- Maintains scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Schedules and manages construction engineering, inspection, observations services, and administration staff as needed.
- Reviews drawings and project submittals for conformance with contract documents.
- Coordinates sub consultant activities such as materials testing, and construction staking.
- Prepares, negotiates, and implements Contract Change Orders effectively.
- Communicates effectively with various departments, clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Meets with contractors to plan and coordinate work, resolve issues related to work areas, scheduling, sequencing, operations, budgets/payments, and other contract labor compliance and administrative manners.
- Performs reviews and implementation of CPM Schedule.
- Conducts meetings, including Pre-construction Conference and Weekly Progress meetings.
- Performs calculations of construction item quantities.
- Analyzes and implements solutions to complex construction problems and contract issues.
- Ability to think clearly and act quickly with frequent interruptions to work routine.
- Supervises and mentors inspection and construction management work of junior engineers.
- Primary point of contact with clients and approving agencies.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field.
- 8+ years of experience in Construction Management and Civil Engineering.
- California P.E. license in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in management of client relationships.
- Experienced in coordination with public utility agencies, i.e. PG&E, AT&T, Charter, SoCal Gas, etc.
- Experience in coordination with government agencies, i.e. Caltrans, RWQCB, Army Corps, Fish and Game, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in construction safety.
- Knowledge and experience in earthwork, grading and drainage construction.
- Knowledge and experience in streets, roads, and transportation structures. Caltrans experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in water-sewer-storm drain infrastructure construction.
- Knowledge and experience in traffic control within the construction zone.
- Knowledge and experience with the implementation of State and Federal funding provisions, water regulations, and document coordination.
- Knowledge and experience in Prevailing Wage requirements and compliance.
- Valid CA Class C driver's licenses with acceptable driver's record.
- Proficiency in use of Construction Management Documentation Software such as, Procore, EADocs, is a plus.
- Proficiency in CPM Project Scheduling software such as, MS Project, Primavera, and Suretrak, is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and MS Excel.
WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits package, remote work flexibility, and an active and positive team building, work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity-M-F-disability-protected veteran status