Costa Mesa, California
Santa Cruz, California
Newport Beach, California
La Jolla, California
Los Angeles, California
Location: Newport Beach, California
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 18922925
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
We are expanding our quantitative investment team and are looking for a junior portfolio manager / quantitative researcher to join us! In this position, the candidate will be responsible for researching, developing, and managing systematic strategies across multiple asset classes. This is an opportunity to work on and learn about the entire life cycle of the quantitative investment process; starting from idea generation, signal testing, portfolio design and construction, all the way through to portfolio management and maintenance. The candidate will be mentored by and collaborate with senior Portfolio Managers with deep expertise in varied asset classes including Rates, FX, Equities, Commodities, and Vol to work on projects aimed to deliver and enhance returns for our quantitative funds under management.
- Conduct alpha research
- Collaborate with fellow researchers and quantitative developers to implement strategies
- Manage and refine existing strategies
- Work with senior PMs on portfolio construction in the presence of real-world constraints
- Perform post-trade analysis including model performance, TCA, and risk management
- PhD or Masters alongside an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field with a strong academic track record
- Up to 3 years of experience in an analytical role at a bank/hedge fund/asset manager
- Strong programming ability (Python preferred)
- Solid understanding of probability and statistics
- Ability to work with unstructured real-world data
- Independent research experience is preferred
- Intellectual curiosity is a must
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Salary Range: $ 165,000.00 - $ 215,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.