San Diego, CA
Costa Mesa, California
Santa Cruz, California
Newport Beach, California
La Jolla, California
Los Angeles, California
Redwood City, California
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 1428
DAHLIN is an award-winning architecture, planning and interior design firm with 170+ multi-cultural professionals located throughout the Western United States. We offer more than 45 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are seeking an energetic, confident, and highly motivated Senior Architect / Project Manager to help grow our Healthcare sector and team in San Diego, CA. This experienced professional will serve as a primary client contact and will have full responsibility for proactively managing all aspects of projects, bringing the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client's satisfaction. Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, the ability to maintain and grow client relationships, as well as confidence in project management metrics and calculating fees for contracts.
- Lead a major client with new hospital expansion efforts
- Present directly to the client on technical and design solutions
- Manage and coordinate all project efforts, technical and financial, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects through all phases of development, including Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration for projects
- Estimate fees, determine scope of work, prepare proposals and contracts, and monitor adherence to terms for complex projects
- Actively manage client budgets, schedules and programs, project communications, documentation, and project team assignments
- Serve as the primary contact liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completions and to the client's satisfaction
- Maintains and grows client relationships
- Works collaboratively with other senior staff; provides oversight and monitors the work of less experienced staff
- Ability to pursue and secure meetings with new clients and strategic partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Self-confident; tenacious while maintaining positive working relationships with clients, outside consultants, and technical staff
- Strong skills in AutoCAD required; SketchUp modeling and Revit/BIM preferred
- Able to effectively and positively provide direction and lead architectural staff
- Commitment to their own professional growth as an architect.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Active architectural license required.
- 10+ years of demonstrated relevant experience as an Architect and Project Manager
- Experience with OSHPD/HCAi
- Graduate of a NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or visa sponsorship
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Salary range: $115,000 -$145,000 depending on qualifications. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
Please note. . .
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We'll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.