Costa Mesa, California
Santa Cruz, California
Newport Beach, California
Los Angeles, California
Redwood City, California
Los Angeles, California
San Jose, California
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: ARC23S40
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Process Architect to join our team at Eichleay. You will have the flexibility to work from the office or remote from home. This is a full-time position with benefits including a 401K match, Employer HSA contribution and a flexible work schedule with every other Friday off.
Compensation: $150,000 - $200,000 - *anticipated annual salary may vary based on skills, experience, qualifications, and internal peer equity. The pay range listed for this position was based on the anticipated base compensation at the time of the posting.
Move Forward with Eichleay
Do you have experience acting in an entrepreneurial environment developing new opportunities, clients, and markets? Do you enjoy collaborating directly with and coordinating design across a multidisciplinary engineering team? At Eichleay you will perform these activities as well as lead the architectural drawing production effort for all phases of design. Your ability to demonstrate strong collaboration skills working across various departments will ensure quality and success.
Additional Responsibilities & Expectations:
Functions as the architectural lead in responsible charge of architectural modeling and contract document production effort for all phases of design.
- Acts as Prime Discipline responsible for coordinating design efforts across all project disciplines.
- Conducts building code analysis.
- Conducts materials research, programming documentation, etc.
- Develops solutions by applying a deep understanding of client’s process needs both architecturally and operationally.
- Applies experience with facility design and construction to lead plant design and equipment layout of process, mechanical, and electrical equipment, and infrastructure.
- Directs client interface on behalf of the discipline team on a project.
- Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assigned projects and for proposal development.
- Participates in business development activities including client presentations, client ased networking events, and other marketing activities in collaboration with management.
- BA Architecture from a California Architects Board (CAB) accredited school or minimum requirements as established by CAB
- Ten or more years of experience and a valid Architecture license as issued by the California Architects Board (CAB).
- High level design skills of various types of construction, occupancies, and materials.
- Experience of lab planning and/or biotechnology manufacturing based architecture design
- Good understanding of design and operation of Biopharmaceutical facilities in manufacturing, pilot plant, and laboratories.
- Proven working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Working knowledge of the California Building Code, Energy Code and ADA Regulations.
- High level of verbal, written and graphic communication skills needed to lead interdisciplinary discussions and communicate design and technical concepts and ideas effectively
- Proven ability to interact with material and product vendors, and outside consultants.
- Experience leading other architects on project assignments.
- Experience facilitating internal project meetings and presenting specific aspects of project scope.
- Demonstrated ability to apply broad knowledge of principles and practices in the field of architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to independently evaluate, select, and adapt standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated success with working on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
- Ability to be badged for a process safety management governed facility which requires in depth drug screening.
This role may require all or some of the following requirements (as applicable):
- RSO Safety Training and current card or ability to obtain
- Client Safety Training and current badge or ability to obtain
- TWIC Certification and current card or ability to obtain.
- Client cGMP and Sterile Area Training and current badge or ability to obtain
- Background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload dictates. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- May be assigned to work at a Client’s office, facility, or site for an extended period of time. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing work outside Eichleay’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Eichleay and/or Client as required.
For over 140 years, Eichleay companies have developed a wide range of project delivery expertise. This legacy continues today with Eichleay, Inc. which specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities.
Join a dynamic organization with insight fueled by experience, solutions powered by practicality, relationships built by listening and trust earned through results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.