Costa Mesa, California
Santa Cruz, California
Newport Beach, California
Los Angeles, California
Redwood City, California
Los Angeles, California
Location: Irvine, CA
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 1432
DAHLIN is an award-winning architecture, planning and interior design firm with 170+ multi-cultural professionals located throughout the Western United States. We offer more than 45 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently seeking a PROJECT ARCHITECT to join the team in our IRVINE, CA office. This experienced professional is a fully competent architect in all conventional aspects of architecture, responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned major project, or several small projects, including investigation, evaluation and recommendation of design solutions that best meets the client’s needs.
- Independently performs a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs, applying advanced architectural concepts and designs for projects of moderate size and complexity.
- Performs analysis of design, planning and occupancy studies, and design layouts.
- Prepares project specifications, compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Provides professional architectural consultation from Schematic Design through building permit submittal and Construction Administration.
- Responsible for, and may direct, coordinate, and oversee, production of project design, construction documents and/or construction administration.
- Monitors budgets and maintains project documentation.
- Reviews drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- May provide technical guidance to less experiences staff and can redline others' work.
- Maintains client and outside consultant contact.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Substantial experience in developing details and providing technical and design support in the preparation of Design Development for all project types; Civic experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of code and demonstrated awareness of code limitations.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate and maintain positive working relationships with other technical staff, outside consultants, and clients
- Able to effectively and positively provide direction and lead architectural staff
- Strong skills and talent in SketchUp modeling, AutoCAD, and Revit/BIM.
- Must be able to handle multiple concurrent projects and/or deadlines.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATION:
- Licensed & registered Architect in the state of CA
- 5+ years of experience
- Graduate of NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- Commitment to their own professional growth
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or visa sponsorship
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Salary range: $95,000-$110,000 depending on qualifications. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We'll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.