Job Seekers, Welcome to CBIA Career Center
Active Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)
Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 552 JobsCreate Alert
Loading... Please wait.
University of California Merced
California State University, Fullerton
The Claremont Colleges Services
University of California, Berkeley
University of California Davis
Loading... Please wait.
Expand Show Other Jobs
Job Saved Save Job
Equipment Services Operator
University of California Santa Cruz
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Internal Number: 3207952
Equipment Services Operator
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 38261
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 07-26-2022
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Physical Planning, Development & Operations (PPDO) manages and oversees all University activities and services related to physical and environmental planning, design and construction, engineering, physical plant maintenance and operations, capital planning and space management, and the associated business services necessary to support these functions. The University's main campus is spread across more than 2,000 acres and includes over 500 buildings comprising more than 8 million square feet. The department includes operating budgets of over $48 million, manages a capital project portfolio of approximately $500 million, and employs nearly 300 full time staff to carry forth the duties necessary for the campus' development and operation.
More information can be found here: ppc.ucsc.edu
Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent of Specialty Crews, the Equipment Services team is responsible for driving and operating a variety of medium to heavy equipment, as well as a wide range of hand and power tools for the purpose of maintenance of campus grounds infrastructure facilities. These facilities include but are not limited to: all storm drain system components including underground vaults and natural waterways, campus roads and pathways, campus fences and gates, the fire road system, large area vegetation control, and erosion control. The team also provides services including material delivery, excavation, heavy equipment operation for various purposes, landscape construction, concrete work, emergency response, and may provide backup operators for the Resource Recovery operations as needed. Emphasis of the team is on Planned Maintenance of campus grounds infrastructure facilities as noted. Equipment utilized may include but is not limited to: Skid steer track loader, dump trucks, street sweeper, vegetation management equipment, asphalt equipment, tractors with backhoes, 4 in 1 buckets, scrapers, augers and mowers, specialized storm drain clearing equipment, concrete grinders and saws, augers, confined space entry equipment, and various hand and power tools.
Salary Information: Salary Range: $26.84 - $27.93 / Hourly. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: SX - Service
Job Code Classification: 008485 (AUTO EQUIP OPR PRN)
Travel: Up to 75% of the time
80% - Heavy Equipment Driver Operation
- Drive and operate a variety of heavy equipment vehicles, included but not limited to: 10-ton regenerative air street sweeper, 5-ton and 1-ton dump trucks, backhoe, front-end loader, a variety of tractors and specialized riding mowers, 33 ton front end refuse truck and roll-off truck, box trucks, and 16.5 ton Altec tree truck.
5% - Maintenance of Campus Roads, Pathways, and Fences
- Repair and maintenance of campus roads and paths, including pothole repairs, dig outs, repaving with hot asphalt, crack sealing, etc.
- Operate dump truck, asphalt oil sprayer and compacting equipment as required. 5-ton and 1-ton dump trucks for deliveries of campus landscape material such as asphalt, base rock, and other materials as needed grounds maintenance operations.
- Drive/operate a 10-ton regenerative air street sweeper with two gutter brooms, a mid-broom, and a collection hopper/filter. Maintenance of over 20 miles of field fencing & 40 gates.
5% - Vegetation Management and Erosion Control
- Perform maintenance for Upper campus fire roads, both dirt and rock road.
- Tasks include grading, compacting and drainage work.
- Operating backhoe with extend-a-hoe for excavation, post hole digging, moving boulders, etc.
- Operate front-end loader for loading for processing of landscape materials, grading fire roads, moving logs, etc.
- Drive and operate 3 different tractors and riding mowers specialized for different mowing conditions in fields and on hill sides for vegetation management; mowing-roadside and field mowing-property fire protection.
- Perform erosion control on campus lands involving grading, water bar construction, erosion control fabrics, wattles, straw bales, gravel and sand bags.
5% - Storm Drain System Maintenance
- Perform preventative maintenance on campus storm drain systems, including the use of a high-pressure water router as one tool in the process of maintaining catch basins and storm drain piping.
- Operate FMC Jet rodder to clean out storm drain systems.
- Maintain installations of stilling pools, weirs, step pools, infiltration pools, sediment basins, filtration and metering structures.
- Perform an annual Inspection and maintenance procedure for detention vaults and catch basins, outfalls and piping systems. Document all work for regulatory compliance.
- Some vault work will be confined space work Involving air sampling and tethering procedures. Work may take place in bad weather Including rain and hot weather conditions or emergencies.
5% - Time/Record Keeping
- Accurate time recording is essential for billing of work completed to campus customers and internal documentation of work requirement.
- Experience operating heavy equipment; ability to diagnose equipment operational problems, knowledge in performing heavy equipment adjustments.
- Experience using hand power tools including but not limited to, concrete saws, jackhammers, augers, generators, and hand tools such as but not limited to: shovels, rakes, hammers, wrenches for examples.
- Experience using tractor mounted implements such as but not limited to: 3-point hitch mowers, box scrapers, backhoe attachments, 4 in 1 buckets.
- Ability to implement a customer service approach, with a commitment to high ethical standards.
- Ability to take initiative, organize, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with a diverse group of individuals at all levels of the organization directly or indirectly involved with task and work assignments.
- Possess knowledge/experience of road and path asphalt repairs, fence and retaining wall construction/repair.
- Experience with computers and data entry.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Must possess a valid license to drive in the state of California.
- Must possess a valid Class B California Driver's License or ability to attain one within 6 months of hire and maintain a safe driving record.
- Successful candidate will be required to participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) pull notice system and in accordance with the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations, must conform to the drug and alcohol testing requirements as set forth In UCSC's Drug and Alcohol Testing policies and procedures.
- Applicants selected for interview must submit a copy of their current DMV driving record at the time of interview.
- Ability to dig and manually excavate for irrigation equipment in various soil conditions.
- Ability to move materials weighing up to 75 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Ability to perform essential physical job functions requiring bending, stooping, and physical agility.
- Ability to work outdoors in and environment that may contain grasses, pollens, dust, or other irritants.
- Ability to operate mowing tractors on grasslands and in dusty conditions with or without accommodations.
- Ability to complete required logs and records for reporting purposes in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Complete required compliance trainings as directed.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About University of California Santa Cruz
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the intimacy of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 888.491.8833 x 1629 | email@example.com