Job Seekers, Welcome to CBIA Career Center
Active Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)
Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 480 JobsCreate Alert
Loading... Please wait.
University of California Merced
University of California Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
California State University, Fullerton
The Claremont Colleges Services
University of California, Berkeley
DAHLIN Architecture | Planning | Interiors
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
University of California Davis
University of California Davis Health System
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, California
Loading... Please wait.
Expand Show Other Jobs
Job Saved Save Job
Senior Building Maintenance Worker
University of California Santa Cruz
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Internal Number: 3731878
Senior Building Maintenance Worker
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 46275
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 01-16-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Physical Planning, Development & Operations manages and oversees all University activities and services related to physical and environmental planning, design and construction, engineering, physical plant maintenance and operations, capital planning and space management, and the associated business services necessary to support these functions. The University's main campus is spread across more than 2,000 acres and includes over 500 buildings comprising more than 8 million square feet. The department includes operating budgets of over $49 million, manages a capital project portfolio of approximately $800 million, and employs nearly 350 full time staff to carry forth the duties necessary for the campus' development and operation.
More information can be found here: https://physicalplant.ucsc.edu/
Under the direction of the HVAC Superintendent and HVAC Supervisor, perform as part of a maintenance crew, provide assistance in maintaining and repairing Heating, Ventilating, Air conditioning equipment, Seawater distribution, refrigeration equipment, and other related mechanical equipment in buildings and facilities throughout campus. Take direction from supervisor and skilled craft workers in performing semi-skilled repairs and maintenance. Perform duties from work orders, written preventative maintenance sheets, and verbal direction. Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary Information: Salary Range: $25.46 - $27.03/hour. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: SX, Service
Job Code Classification: BLDG MAINT WORKER SR (008212)
Travel: Up to 25% of the time
40% - Maintenance
Perform preventative maintenance and repairs to building heating, ventilating, air conditioning, (HVAC), Seawater distribution and refrigeration equipment. Work with skilled crafts HVAC technicians in the service and repair of all types of campus related refrigeration equipment. Change filters and belts on ventilators and supply fans. Align sheaves on drive motors and driven equipment. Change and adjust drive mechanisms, and grease bearings as necessary. Maintain cooling towers, and related exchangers. Change filters, clean strainers on recirculating hydronic systems, de-ionized systems, water softeners. Maintain air compressor and vacuum pumps. Also Maintain filter and belt inventories per building.
25% - Testing
Ensure boilers and hot water heaters are operating properly. Test and adjust combustion, punch tubes and clean burners. Check pumps for proper alignment, change couplings, oil and grease bearing assemblies as necessary. Maintain and adjust proper water chemistry in heating water systems.
20% - Clean Up
Wipe down mechanical equipment, sweep or vacuum mechanical spaces, wash down mechanical rooms, clean storage tanks and piping associated with the Marine Lab sea water system.
10% - Kitchen Repair
Maintain and repair kitchen equipment including gas fired ovens and stoves, conveyor systems, ice machines, refrigerated walk-ins and reach-ins, and steam supplied cookers and kettles. Other duties as assigned.
5% - Safety & Training
Provide assistance with two-person repairs. Perform safety inspections and routine maintenance on tools and equipment used. Attend safety and training classes and perform job related tasks in a safe manner. Follow all manufacturer and university specific safety procedures when using tools and equipment. Enter and maintain a weekly timesheet. Effectively employ good interpersonal skills when interacting with members of the campus community. Assist Physical Plant mechanics and supervisor to maintain an inventory of shop materials, supplies and tools by informing them of specific needs.
- Experience and/or skill in semi-skilled maintenance and repair of building, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, (HVAC), equipment or ability to learn systems.
- Knowledge of safe working methods and safe use of power tools.
- Ability to work from a schedule and organized preventative maintenance programs, work repair orders.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Ability to keep written records and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with campus personnel, which include staff, students, and faculty; As well as the ability to follow oral and written procedures and instructions.
- Experience or ability to work with commercial kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of ASME (state) and local codes and safety standards.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Must possess a valid license to drive in the state of California.
- Ability to perform work in a rugged physical environment and inclement weather with challenging infrastructure requirements.
- Ability to do occasional work in confined spaces such as attics and trenches while bending, stooping and/or kneeling with the possibility of being exposed to live electrical circuits and machinery.
- Ability to work in conditions of variable temperature/weather with possible exposure to strong, unpleasant odors, high levels of noise and vibrations, and exposure to dust and allergens.
- Ability to safely perform the physical requirements necessary in storing and moving materials. The ability to lift light to moderate objects up to 40 lbs., with or without accommodation.
- Will be required to work all scheduled hours on-site.
- Ability to occasionally work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About University of California Santa Cruz
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the intimacy of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 888.491.8833 x 1629 | email@example.com